ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Standard visitor visa for Indian Wife and Indian daughter...

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

khaisar007
Newly Registered

Standard visitor visa for Indian Wife and Indian daughter...

Post by khaisar007 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:24 pm

Hi Team,

I have a query and if you can help me I will be thankful to you.

I am British citizen(Naturalised route) living in UK alone.
My wife is indian, living in India, Dont have a valid UK dependent\family visa
My Elder daughter is indian, living in India, with my Wife, dont have a valid UK dependent\family visa.
My young Son has got British Passport (Through Decent), living in India with my Wife

Query is......

I would like bring them here to UK for short period of time for 4 months and then back to India. Considering our nationality status above. Can I apply for their short term standard visitor visa(travelling less than 6 months)?

At the moment I don't want process their dependent visa for long term stay due to other personal reasons. like to know if standard visitor visa is the correct route for my wife and daughter to come to UK? My is britsh so he doesn't need anything.

Your reply will be highly appreciated....

Regards,
Khaisar

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Standard visitor visa for Indian Wife and Indian daughte

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:28 pm

Unlikely they will be successful with a visitor visa as what reason would they have to leave the UK with their husband/father living here. There has been a lot of abuse of doing this in the past rather than applying for a spouse/child visa so such visit visa applications are thoroughly scrutinised.

How old is your daughter?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

khaisar007
Newly Registered

Post by khaisar007 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:17 pm

Hi CR001,

My daughter(Indian) is 2.5 years old and she never been to UK.
My Son(British) is 9 Months old.

Since the purpose of stay is only for 4 months I don't want to spend dependent visa fee of £1200 + £600 NHS surcharge.

Any suggestion would greatly help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:19 pm

What evidence will your wife show to prove her ties to her home country and what her personal and financial circumstances are?

Visitor visas are becoming much harder to get due to the abuse of the visa in the past.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.