ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR from Tier 1

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

legendfar

ILR from Tier 1

Post by legendfar » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:24 am

Hi Guys
just need to ask
got extension Tier 1 in May 2016 and since then i have one employee
if i keep only one employee till my ILR due in May 2018 would that be fine or do i have to create another job
if i keep him till then , 24 months requirement will be fulfill anyway
but does it have be another person for next 12 months?
thanks

tier1in2014
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Re: ILR from Tier 1

Post by tier1in2014 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:52 am

legendfar wrote:Hi Guys
just need to ask
if i keep only one employee till my ILR due in May 2018 would that be fine or do i have to create another job
thanks
If you are Pre April 2014 then it should be fine to have one or more than one worker as long as you create 24 month full time job . I think you might qualify for ILR before May 2018 . You need to count the 5 yrs from issue date of your first initial Teir 1 visa .
I am not perfect But I guess no one is ever perfect . We all make mistakes and learn from them. Never give up keep trying until you succeed.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:05 pm

If he works for you for full 24 months AFTER the extension, then yes.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

legendfar

Post by legendfar » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:07 pm

Hi Zimba
thanks yes i got my extension in May 2016 and he is still working with me and hopefully he will be working with me by the end of my ILR May 2018
but i am completing my 10 years in this September bit confused whether i should go for 10 years or on tier 1 as my wife has been in this country as dependent on me since 2011
if i go for 10 years will her clock be zero and if i apply ILR on tier 1 will she be getting ILR as well ?

legendfar

Post by legendfar » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:14 pm

tier1in2014 wrote:
legendfar wrote:Hi Guys
just need to ask
thanks
If you are Pre April 2014 then it should be fine to have one or more than one worker as long as you create 24 month full time job . I think you might qualify for ILR before May 2018 . You need to count the 5 yrs from issue date of your first initial Teir 1 visa .
I got my first tier 1 visa in April 2013 but on BRP date is 5th May 2013
and i go my extension in 20th of May 2016 and i think my 5 years completing in MAy 2018 not before that

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:14 pm

legendfar wrote:if i go for 10 years will her clock be zero and if i apply ILR on tier 1 will she be getting ILR as well ?
Yes, if you apply for ILR based on long residence she will have to switch to FLR(M) which will reset her clock and she will be on a new 5 year route (2 X 2.5 year visas) towards ILR or 10 years LR if she reaches that first in 2021 and meets all the requirements including the absence limit etc.

If you apply for ILR based on Tier 1 Ent, she will qualify with you provided she does not have any absence of 180 days or more per 12 month cycle.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

legendfar

Post by legendfar » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:17 pm

CR001 wrote:
legendfar wrote:if i go for 10 years will her clock be zero and if i apply ILR on tier 1 will she be getting ILR as well ?
Yes, if you apply for ILR based on long residence she will have to switch to FLR(M) which will reset her clock and she will be on a new 5 year route (2 X 2.5 year visas) towards ILR or 10 years LR if she reaches that first in 2021 and meets all the requirements including the absence limit etc.

If you apply for ILR based on Tier 1 Ent, she will qualify with you provided she does not have any absence of 180 days or more per 12 month cycle.
Thanks for your reply
dont know man what to do is it worth to wait and get ILR on tier and get wife's ILR same time or shall i take ILR on 10 years and take wife's on FLR(M)
because you never know what rules they change near future
its worth to wait till may 2018 or not
what do you suggest

legendfar

Post by legendfar » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:42 pm

CR001 wrote:

Hi CR001
i just found this on website
(You can apply for ILR as a husband, wife or civil partner if: you have completed a period of 5 years in the UK, with a visa or permission to remain here in this category. Any time spent in other visa categories does not count. It must be 5 years as a spouse or partner.)

It says must be 5 years as a spouse or partner , my wife has already spend more than 5 years as spouse in this country anyway
correct me if am wrong can she not apply ILR with me on long residency

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:01 pm

No, she cannot, she can only switch to FLR(M). The rules for PBS dependents of ILR LR applicants changed in April 2014.

[url]dependant-of-ilr-long-residence-applicant-on-pbs-leave (click)

She can only apply on the basis of 5 years residence PBS Dependent if you apply for ILR based on Tier 1 Ent/PBS route.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.