ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Absance days for ILR of Dependent

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

leicesterer

Absance days for ILR of Dependent

Post by leicesterer » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:26 pm

Hi Gurus
Apologise in advance if this topic is already discussed.
My wife got visa in October 2012 and came in the UK in November 2012 as T1(G) dependent. She stayed one year and 2 months and then returned back to Pakistan for 11 months due to my mother’s illness. She came back to the UK and stayed for 4 months and then travelled back for 9 months and again came back to the UK. I switched to ILR under 5 years T1 (G) and she got extension for 3 years. After extension she travelled back after 6 months, stayed there for 5 months and again travelled back to the UK. She is now in the UK. My question is, I am planning to apply my naturalisation in May and my wife is thinking to apply ILR in September as my dependent, is there is any restriction or effect on her ILR application regarding her absence, as she stayed in the UK with me nearly 3 years and total time out of the UK is 330 + 270 + 150 = 750 total days.
Thank you in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Absance days for ILR of Dependent

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:31 pm

The rules for PBS dependents changed recently regarding absence. Any absence of 180 days or more in any 12 month period/cycle breaks continuity of residence
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.