ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent help needed in filling Naturalisation form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

HUDABATOOL
Newly Registered

Need help for Naturalisation Application

Post by HUDABATOOL » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:07 pm

Hi,
I am living in UK since last 12 years, my husband and children are British citizens.

On 08-03-2017 I have been granted Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR).

Question:
Can I apply for Naturalisation now straightaway because my husband is British Citizen OR do I have to wait for 1 year and then apply for Naturalisation on 09-03-2018?

If yes then what should I write in application form where they ask about category in which applicant is applying?

Thanks in advance for your quick and appropriate responses.

Huda Batool

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Need help for Naturalisation Application

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:20 pm

Can I apply for Naturalisation now straightaway because my husband is British Citizen OR do I have to wait for 1 year and then apply for Naturalisation on 09-03-2018? Yes, but you should wait for your BRP card as you need to submit this for citizenship. This also assumes that you meet ALL the standard requirement and good character requirements, i.e. no period of overstay, physical presence in the UK exactly 3 years ago on teh same date you apply, within the absence limits etc.

If yes then what should I write in application form where they ask about category in which applicant is applying? Section 6(2) of the nationality act.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

HUDABATOOL
Newly Registered

Re: Need help for Naturalisation Application

Post by HUDABATOOL » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:59 pm

Thank you very much for your help.

HUDABATOOL
Newly Registered

Urgent help needed in filling Naturalisation form

Post by HUDABATOOL » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:33 pm

Hi,

I am filling form of Naturalisation and need your kind help in question 1.45 and 1.46 regarding employment.

I have been in UK since 2005 and most of the years I was in employment but due to responsibility of our young children I am out of the work since January 2015.

Question 1: What should I write in question 1.45 of Naturalisation form regarding "Occupation"?
and question 1.46 "Are you employed, self-employed, Director or Business Partner. where I am not working at the moment I am unemployed??

Question 2: will my unemployment affect my application or being a house wife there wont be any problem, my Husband is working fulltime without any gaps since 2004.

Thanks in advance for your kind and quick responses.

Huda Batool

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Urgent help needed in filling Naturalisation form

Post by CR001 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:42 pm

Please keep ALL your questions on the same application in a single topic (this one).
Question 1: What should I write in question 1.45 of Naturalisation form regarding "Occupation"?
and question 1.46 "Are you employed, self-employed, Director or Business Partner. where I am not working at the moment I am unemployed??
1.45 you can write 'unemployed'.
1.46 same as 1.45
Question 2: will my unemployment affect my application or being a house wife there wont be any problem, my Husband is working fulltime without any gaps since 2004.
No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

HUDABATOOL
Newly Registered

Re: Urgent help needed in filling Naturalisation form

Post by HUDABATOOL » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:06 pm

Thanks for your help