ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Requesting passports back (EEA2)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

atriponel
Newly Registered

Requesting passports back (EEA2)

Post by atriponel » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:21 pm

Hello everyone

I have made an EEA2 (non-eu family member) application in the end of February.

My husband and I would like to travel abroad in about a month time so need to request our passports back.

When would be the best time to do that? After it's been at least 10 working days since they received and signed for the application? Or shall I wait after I've submitted my biometrics details?

Many thanks in advance

Anastasia T

MrSlyFox

Re: Requesting passports back (EEA2)

Post by MrSlyFox » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:25 pm

Hello Anastasia,
Have you submitted your biometrics yet? when you get the letter requesting them it will have your case ref number which is best to include when you request your documents back. Although the Home office say ten days I'd request it at least a month in advance. Remember after ten days to submit a progress report request.

Goodluck and have a nice trip :D

atriponel
Newly Registered

Post by atriponel » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:29 pm

Ah, I see!

Thank you very much for your prompt reply.

Haven't received the biometrics letter yet, I'll request the passports back after that then!

Thanks again

wish_uk
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by wish_uk » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:19 am

MrSlyFox wrote:Hello Anastasia,
Have you submitted your biometrics yet? when you get the letter requesting them it will have your case ref number which is best to include when you request your documents back. Although the Home office say ten days I'd request it at least a month in advance. Remember after ten days to submit a progress report request.

Goodluck and have a nice trip :D
hello,
can a Non Eu family member who have applied for RC ask for his passport back while his application is under consideration.?
married Aug 2014

GMB
United States of America

Post by GMB » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:19 pm

can a Non Eu family member who have applied for RC ask for his passport back while his application is under consideration.?
Yes. And it will not have an impact on the application.

MarkJones
Newly Registered

Post by MarkJones » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:02 pm

Not sure if it's legal - but the Home Office state if you leave the UK and Ireland whilst the application is pending, then your application is void and you may not be allowed back in (unless you have a valid Family Permit or other visa)

So you might want to think twice about your travel plans...

MrSlyFox

Post by MrSlyFox » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:58 pm

MarkJones wrote:Not sure if it's legal - but the Home Office state if you leave the UK and Ireland whilst the application is pending, then your application is void and you may not be allowed back in (unless you have a valid Family Permit or other visa)

Where do they say that "application is void"? It's not just canceled because you leave the CTA. Plenty of people have traveled while their applications are under consideration just search the forum.

wish_uk
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by wish_uk » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:14 pm

MrSlyFox wrote:
MarkJones wrote:Not sure if it's legal - but the Home Office state if you leave the UK and Ireland whilst the application is pending, then your application is void and you may not be allowed back in (unless you have a valid Family Permit or other visa)

Where do they say that "application is void"? It's not just canceled because you leave the CTA. Plenty of people have traveled while their applications are under consideration just search the forum.
one thing more,
do they send our Residence permit which are issued from other member states.

if they send both, then travel is easy.
married Aug 2014

KarmaPolice
Newly Registered

Post by KarmaPolice » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:33 pm

MrSlyFox wrote: Remember after ten days to submit a progress report request.
how does one do that?