ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Policy Guidance Term

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hina_pirzada
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Policy Guidance Term

Post by hina_pirzada » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:09 am

Hi, Can anyone explain the wording of the below from policy guidance

no employment other than working for the business or businesses that you have established, joined or taken over but working for such business(es) does not include any work you do which is effectively employment with another business (for more details see Annex A, A41), and

Please help me to undersatnd the above wordings.

Thank you in advance.

hina_pirzada
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Policy Guidance Term

Post by hina_pirzada » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:50 pm

74 Views but no reply. Can any bord member help me out to understand the wordings specially last 2 lines

jafersadeq
United Kingdom

Post by jafersadeq » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:39 pm

hina_pirzada wrote:Hi, Can anyone explain the wording of the below from policy guidance

no employment other than working for the business or businesses that you have established, joined or taken over but working for such business(es) does not include any work you do which is effectively employment with another business (for more details see Annex A, A41), and

Thank you in advance.
You as an entrepreneur-individual have two choices:
1- Start a new business
2-Join an existing business

You as an individual not allowed to work as an employee with another business.

seasky
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by seasky » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:52 pm

It also means you cannot just work for another company, effectively as an employee, just instead of getting a salary you invoice and are paid like that

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:35 pm

As others pointed out, technically it means you are not allowed to work as an employee of a company where you are NOT a director
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

KNY

Post by KNY » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:16 am

Its clearly written on the visa- work limited to own business.

tier1in2014
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by tier1in2014 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:11 am

hina_pirzada wrote:Hi, Can anyone explain the wording of the below from policy guidance

Thank you in advance.
KNY wrote:Its clearly written on the visa- work limited to own business.

In simple words if you are main applicant of Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa you are not authorized to work for any other company other than your own companies . You can only work as Company Director or as Self Employee for your own company .
I am not perfect But I guess no one is ever perfect . We all make mistakes and learn from them. Never give up keep trying until you succeed.

ishfaqsangra
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ishfaqsangra » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:22 pm

In Essence, Your or any of your representative should not fall under IR35
Simply being paid by inovicing BUT being bound by number of hours, direction, control, obligation, holidays, sickness pay, NOT SUBSTITUTING, will lead to fall under IR35,

Additionally, If your Services are to Public Bodies, from April 2017, they are responsible to decide your status if you proved to be an employee they will charge them and can go back 20 years. :roll: