ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP approval expired

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tv71
Newly Registered

HSMP approval expired

Post by tv71 » Sun Jan 09, 2005 3:52 pm

Hello everyone:

I got my HSMP approval in first week of Nov 2004. I have 3 months to apply for the entry clearance from Nov 2004. But, I will not be able to travel to UK until Aug 2005 because of my wife medical condition. Doctor has recommended to my wife against travelling till Aug 2005.

I wanted to know what are my options.

I don't want to get my passport stamped as I will only able to stay in UK for 6 months and that may create problem for my extesion.

Can I reapply for HSMP in the month of April 2005 and what are the chances of getting through successfully when applying second time.
I claimed 75 points the first time I applied and got my approval in 12 weeks.

Thanks for your reply.

TV

zeke

Post by zeke » Sun Jan 09, 2005 6:37 pm

First things first: Please accept our wishes for your wife’s complete and speedy recovery.

How disappointing to have the joy of your hard-won HSMP approval eclipsed by an illness! Life is certainly an unpredictable venture…

Now to your question.

In my opinion, you have experienced an extraordinary event in the form of a serious medical condition. If I were you (and I caution you that my remarks are not based on any special legal or immigration knowledge) I would ask the treating physician to write a letter on his/her letterhead explaining that your wife does have a serious medical condition which was diagnosed on such and such a date, and for which travel to the UK is medically contraindicated, probably until whatever the date is that he/she thinks your wife will be safe to travel.

Then I would write a letter myself to the HO officials, explaining that you are requesting a delay of the beginning of your initial HSMP year until the month in which the doctor says your wife may safely travel. You may want to explain that you are not requesting a new consideration of your application because there is nothing new or different about your scoring in HSMP scoring categories that requires reconsideration – you are simply asking for some flexibility by delaying the onset of your first year (ie, the stamping of the passport/ entry clearance) by about 6 months, based on your wife’s temporary but significant illness. (To me, it would be silly for you to have to make an entire new HSMP application. Based on the principle of equal opportunity, including not discriminating against the disabled –which I guess your wife is at this time – I would make the argument that HO permit you to simply delay the beginning of your first HSMP year.) You may want to add that you will not be recoursing to public funds because of your wife’s medical history (of course with the exception of the National Healthcare Service).

As for to whom these two letters should be sent – I haven’t got a clue. Maybe you could start by contacting the caseworker who evaluated your HSMP application (by fax, maybe?) – see what she suggests. Of course, it may take some time for a reply – but at this point, you aren’t going anywhere anyway, at least for the next several months.

Keep us posted on your progress..

Any other ideas from our colleagues on the board?
Be Well!

try-one
Member of Standing

Post by try-one » Sun Jan 09, 2005 7:39 pm

I think you should get the visa stamp (Entry Clearance) one week before the 3 months you got, that would be this month, then you have 12 months to show you took some action to find a job.
Read the life after HSMP posting, you will be better off if you come alone to find a job, you can come here in 3 months and even if you find your job in nov 2005 that would be enough to show that you comply with the requirement of beign economically active.
don't delay the process, as times are growing and the progam can be stopped any time.
-------------------------
Life is a journey, not a destination (S. Tyler)

Sher

Post by Sher » Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:32 pm

Try,

Am I right in the understanding of these 'time spans' ?

[1.] Post HSMP approval, time granted for entry clearance application to the consulate/embassy = 3 months

[2.] Entry Clearance & Stamping of the HSMP visa = 7 days

[3.] Stamped Visa validity = 1 year ( i.e. I can enter anytime during the course of a year )

Any other nitty-gritty here ?
nJOY !
may u grow by leaps and pounds !

:roll:

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:52 pm

Sher wrote:Try,

Am I right in the understanding of these 'time spans' ?

[1.] Post HSMP approval, time granted for entry clearance application to the consulate/embassy = 3 months

[2.] Entry Clearance & Stamping of the HSMP visa = 7 days

[3.] Stamped Visa validity = 1 year ( i.e. I can enter anytime during the course of a year )

Any other nitty-gritty here ?
i think for [2] you can ask for visa to be stamped to start any date within 3 months of the current date