ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice on AN form-Section 3 and 1.50

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Metta5

Advice on AN form-Section 3 and 1.50

Post by Metta5 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:41 pm

Hello,

I am filling the AN form for NCS appointment at the end of this month for myself and husband. We are non-EU and will be applying based on ILR (altogether 13 years in the UK which is made of student visa + work visa). I will be grateful for advice on the following:

For section 3- lawful residence- what will make suitable evidence? The form says passports/letter from employer/government documents. Do I need to ask a letter from the employer? Will utility bills/bank statements/council tax bill make good evidence? We have passport + BRP.

Also in section 1.50 to show last 10 years employment history- can I submit P60s and payslips?

Thank you very much
Last edited by Metta5 on Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Advice on AN form-Section 3 and 1.50

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:45 pm

Metta5 wrote:Hello,

I am filling the AN form for NCS appointment at the end of this month for myself and husband. We are non-EU and will be applying based on ILR (altogether 13 years in the UK which is made of student visa + work visa). I will be grateful for advice on the following:

For section 3- lawful residence- what will make suitable evidence? The form says passports/letter from employer/government documents. Do I need to ask a letter from the employer? Will utility bills/bank statements/council tax bill make good evidence? Do you mean Section 2?? Section 3 is the good character section. For residence, your passports are sufficient.

Also in section 1.50 to show last 10 years employment history- can I submit P60s and payslips? You must complete the schedule and list employer for each applicant on your respective forms. Take P60s with you NOT payslips.

Thank you very much
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Metta5

Post by Metta5 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:06 pm

Thank you CR001. Yes it is section 2. However on the form under supporting documents guidacne- they list the lawful residence under section 3 (pg 30).

Overall looking at the AN form it seems that it does not require the 100s of supporting documents that were required for the ILR.

Best Wishes

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:41 pm

Metta5 wrote:Thank you CR001. Yes it is section 2. However on the form under supporting documents guidacne- they list the lawful residence under section 3 (pg 30). It says ' Passports OR'. If you don't have all the passports covering the 5 years, only then do you need the other documents to prove residency.

Overall looking at the AN form it seems that it does not require the 100s of supporting documents that were required for the ILR. Citizenship is NOT a visa and falls under different LAWS to the RULES for ILR. Citizenship is based on residence alone. Even someon who has never been employed is eligible.

Best Wishes
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Metta5

Post by Metta5 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:26 pm

Thank you for the replies CR001.