ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR queries

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sree17
Newly Registered

ILR queries

Post by sree17 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:23 pm

Hello Sir/Madam,

I recently got my wife's degree qualification from India compared by NARIC and she is been awarded CEFR level C1. Please confirm if it meets the English language requirement for Leave to remain for dependant.

The other question is I am on Tier 2 general visa from 2011 and applying for ILR this month end. I am aware that I need to show 5 year continuous stay details. Can you confirm what holds for my wife who is on Tier 2 general dependant visa from the same period as far as I am aware she needs to show 2 years continuous stay from the date of application or do we still need to provide 5 years history details from the date of application. How should we mention this on application.

Also I have already completed my 5 years does the 29 day rule apply to me.

Much appreciate your clarification.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR queries

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:32 pm

sree17 wrote:Hello Sir/Madam,

I recently got my wife's degree qualification from India compared by NARIC and she is been awarded CEFR level C1. Please confirm if it meets the English language requirement for Leave to remain for dependant. B1 or higher required for ILR. C1 is higher than B1.

The other question is I am on Tier 2 general visa from 2011 and applying for ILR this month end. I am aware that I need to show 5 year continuous stay details. Can you confirm what holds for my wife who is on Tier 2 general dependant visa from the same period as far as I am aware she needs to show 2 years continuous stay from the date of application or do we still need to provide 5 years history details from the date of application. How should we mention this on application. 2 years of cohabitation evidence counting backwards from date of ILR application for dependent.

Also I have already completed my 5 years does the 29 day rule apply to me. If you have already completed 5 years then you can apply at any time. The 28 days is to apply for ILR after 4 years, 11 months and 2 days.

Much appreciate your clarification.
Do you meet the income requirement for Tier 2 G to ILR?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sree17
Newly Registered

Post by sree17 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:43 pm

Yes, the income is above the limit.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:50 pm

sree17 wrote:Yes, the income is above the limit.
Just to make sure, this was a recent increase to meet the ILR requirement was it?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.