ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

degree taught in english

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aanu0607
Newly Registered

degree taught in english

Post by aanu0607 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:15 pm

mt husband has just submitted his biometric and i just realised that we might need a statement from naric, if we submit the application with a letter from his university that it was taught in english, will that work? or does it have to be naric. and if it has to be naric, can we use the comparability service rather than the visa and nationality services? (simply because we have less than 2 weeks to get this sent to Sheffield.

any response will be appreciated. thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: degree taught in english

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:16 pm

He needs NARIC and at the visa and nationality one. How did he miss this on the mandatory requirements?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

aanu0607
Newly Registered

Post by aanu0607 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:01 pm

i did not think that we will need it because when we did my own visa (parent of a child) i did not do naric, as at the time i applied i had not even finished my degree and my visa was granted. does any know if naric actually stick to the 10 working days or can they do it faster?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:46 pm

You applied under a different category. I am assuming your husband is applying for a spouse visa, either VAF4A abroad or FLR(M) within the UK.

Is this related to the previous refusal? Did you not appeal?

immigration-for-family-members/spouse-v ... l#p1453163

The previous refusal clearly mentions the English requirement and NARIC which your spouse failed to provide.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

aanu0607
Newly Registered

Post by aanu0607 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:10 pm

CR001 wrote:You applied under a different category. I am assuming your husband is applying for a spouse visa, either VAF4A abroad or FLR(M) within the UK.

Is this related to the previous refusal? Did you not appeal?

immigration-for-family-members/spouse-v ... l#p1453163

The previous refusal clearly mentions the English requirement and NARIC which your spouse failed to provide.
the refusal also claimed they did not see all the other documents that was submitted, i just assumed that they never saw the certificate along with all those documents,

we have not sent the documents to Sheffield yet, my question now is, does naric stick to the 10 days timeline or do they sometimes do it faster, so it can still meet the 14days time limit to send in the documents.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:30 pm

If you submitted degree certificate without UK NARIC ELA, he did not meet the English requirement and the degree cert would have been ignored. The rules are clear on this point.

Never 'assume' anything where HO is concerned.

Suggest contact NARIC to see if they can expedite the red route application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

aanu0607
Newly Registered

Post by aanu0607 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:28 pm

CR001 wrote:If you submitted degree certificate without UK NARIC ELA, he did not meet the English requirement and the degree cert would have been ignored. The rules are clear on this point.

Never 'assume' anything where HO is concerned.

Suggest contact NARIC to see if they can expedite the red route application.
thanks, i spoke to naric today and they were able to process it for me, will get on wednesday.