ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Should one be currently employed for Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rajnikakkar
Newly Registered

Should one be currently employed for Naturalisation

Post by rajnikakkar » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:50 pm

Hi All,

I need some assistance regarding a Naturalisation query -

I am eligible for Naturalisation on all grounds, however not working currently.

I have been contracting since last 4/5 years and have got my limited company closed down in Sep/ Oct 2016 due to knee surgery. So, I am not working since last 6-8 months.

I have proofs to show the tax paid for my last employment - personal, corporation tax and P60 as well.

Now, AN form has no option to say - Not employed. Could this be an issue if I leave it blank?

Does one need to be employed currently for naturalisation?

Please can someone help as I have my NCS appointment on 20th March.

Thanks,
Rajni

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Should one be currently employed for Naturalisation

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:58 pm

Employment is not a requirement for citizenship and you can state 'unemployed'.

You must however state all your employment in the form as asked.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Re: Should one be currently employed for Naturalisation

Post by secret.simon » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:23 pm

Assuming that you are asking about naturalisation in the UK, employment is not a requirement for naturalisation. Housewives who meet the requirement have got naturalisation.

There is generally a field at the end of the form for additional information. You can mention it there.

What will be looked at is your taxation and income history and whether you have met the requirements for your leave to remain in the UK at all times during your stay in the UK. That will evaluated for the "good character" requirements.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.