ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 requirements unclear

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Stu123
Greece

Tier 4 requirements unclear

Post by Stu123 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:55 pm

hello,
I am a student from pakistan and want to apply for tier 4 visa for a one year long postgraduate course. I have found a college that is on the sponsor list of ukba. I was told that i should have a bank statement of £15000 available in my account for 28 days. When i mentioned that on ukba website its £1265 for a maximum of 9 months and rest of the course fee for the year, why are they telling me different. Their answer was as you are from a high risk country you are required to pay full course fee (My course duration is one year) and should have £15000 for 28 days.
I dont know if i should believe it? any advise will be so helpful.
Also i am going to need valid passport, ielts, cas, bank statement, tb certificate, health insurance (which i am not too sure how to get it). Is there anything else that i would need.
Thank you for reading and i look forward to your valuable advise.

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 4 requirements unclear

Post by sah10406 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:10 pm

Stu123 wrote:I was told that i should have a bank statement of £15000 available in my account for 28 days. When i mentioned that on ukba website its £1265 for a maximum of 9 months and rest of the course fee for the year, why are they telling me different.
Their answer was as you are from a high risk country you are required to pay full course fee (My course duration is one year) and should have £15000 for 28 days.
Both you and your Tier 4 sponsor appear to be confused.

You need show evidence of enough money to pay your outstanding tuition fees, plus £1265 per month for your living costs (£1015 per month if outside London), capped at 9 months. The total for living costs for a student in London is £1265 x 9 = £11,385). See a clear guide at http://ukcisa.org.uk/Information--Advic ... layer-3004

Students from low risk countries need to have exactly the same money available to them for their course fees and living costs, so I don't know why your sponsor thinks your nationality makes a difference to that. Nationals of low-risk countries just do not need to send the evidence with their application, although it can be requested later and they still need it.
Stu123 wrote:Also i am going to need valid passport, ielts, cas, bank statement, tb certificate, health insurance (which i am not too sure how to get it). Is there anything else that i would need.
The UKCISA website linked above explains all.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Stu123
Greece

Post by Stu123 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:28 pm

Stu123 wrote:hello,
I am a student from pakistan and want to apply for tier 4 visa for a one year long postgraduate course. I have found a college that is on the sponsor list of ukba. I was told that i should have a bank statement of £15000 available in my account for 28 days. When i mentioned that on ukba website its £1265 for a maximum of 9 months and rest of the course fee for the year, why are they telling me different. Their answer was as you are from a high risk country you are required to pay full course fee (My course duration is one year) and should have £15000 for 28 days.
Also i am going to need valid passport, ielts, cas, bank statement, tb certificate, health insurance (which i am not too sure how to get it). Is there anything else that i would need.
Thank you for reading and i look forward to your valuable advise.
thanks for your reply.
I understand what you wrote about the financial requirement and thats exactly what i told them but their reply was to what i wrote in my first post. After reading your reply i now think that either they dont know what they are talking about and just made it up or its their college requirement may be, but not ukba.

about the second part of my first post, i have already read everything thats there but thought i would ask again that if i am missing something and ask you guys for advise.

Any more advise will be greatly appreciated.

Stu123
Greece

Post by Stu123 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:51 pm

Hello everyone,
I have one more question, college is offeing me an undergraguade course (BA hons) on the basis of my bachelors degree from pakistan which i completed in jan 2015. I would like your opinion on if it will be fine. After completing my bachelors i got admission in acca but i couldnot pass and then i started mba from pakistan. Now i am in middle of mba and want to apply for tier 4. Please advise on the gap since completing graduation. Otherwise i have excellent grades through out and i am 21yo.

Please advise.
Thanks

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:53 pm

Stu123 wrote:I have one more question, college is offeing me an undergraguade course (BA hons) on the basis of my bachelors degree from pakistan which i completed in jan 2015. I would like your opinion on if it will be fine. After completing my bachelors i got admission in acca but i couldnot pass and then i started mba from pakistan. Now i am in middle of mba and want to apply for tier 4. Please advise on the gap since completing graduation. Otherwise i have excellent grades through out and i am 21yo.
It's possible it might come up during the credibility interview, but you just need to explain.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Stu123
Greece

Post by Stu123 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:56 pm

sah10406 wrote:
Stu123 wrote:I have one more question, college is offeing me an undergraguade course (BA hons) on the basis of my bachelors degree from pakistan which i completed in jan 2015. I would like your opinion on if it will be fine. After completing my bachelors i got admission in acca but i couldnot pass and then i started mba from pakistan. Now i am in middle of mba and want to apply for tier 4. Please advise on the gap since completing graduation. Otherwise i have excellent grades through out and i am 21yo.
It's possible it might come up during the credibility interview, but you just need to explain.
Thanks.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:00 am

Are you applying to join university?

Stu123
Greece

Post by Stu123 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:41 am

Frontier Mole wrote:Are you applying to join university?
College that is a campus for university. Would that be a problem?

Stu123
Greece

Post by Stu123 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:50 am

Is that a problem frontier mole?