ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Extension -Director of Limited Company

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nadjib31000
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa Extension -Director of Limited Company

Post by nadjib31000 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:22 pm

Hi,

I am a British National who applying for extension of wife's visa as part of the 5 year route to settlement using the premium service. We have an appointment on 21/03/2017 and my wife's visa expires on 09/04/2017. her visa was issued on 09/07/2015 and she arrived in the UK on the 14/09/2015 (she only received her passport back at the end of August 2015). We have been living together since and we have correspondence to back it up as required.

I am a director of a limited company (I am in fact an IT contractor) and I meet the financial requirement through dividends and salary.

I have a few question that I have been looking for answers for through this forum but I am still unsure. I would greatly appreciate if someone can shed some light and direct me to what need to be done.

1- My CT600 shows that my company's last full financial is from 01/05/2015 to 30/04/2016. This was submitted to HMRC in December 2016 and the tax liability was fully paid in January 2017. HMRC have stopped issuing acknowledgement of CT600 submission both written and email. My accountant has written a cover letter to confirm that the accounts were submitted and that he has spoken to HMRC who confirmed the receipt of the payment and that it also reflects on companies house website. Would this be an acceptable alternative to the written acknowledgement previously issued by HMRC.

2- My wife used to be on many short 6 months Student visas as early as June 2001, but then she had a continuous residence from June 2008 until September 2013 as a combination of student and Post Study Work visa. She then had to leave the UK when her application for a Tier 2 General visa was refused due to her sponsor using the wrong code. We got married in the UK before she left and then she applied for a spouse visa (her current one) from Russia.

My question here: when you are asked on the form when did you first enter the UK, would that her first ever entry to the UK or would that be her entry to the UK using the current visa?

3- I have been filling the FLR(M) form which I have downloaded and filled by hand. However, I noticed that you do the form online and it appears to be slightly different! for instance it asks for any relatives outside the UK and if you have lived outside the UK which don't seem to be on the FLR(M). which form should I use as I do not want to use the wrong form.

Thanks

nadjib31000
Newly Registered

Re: Spouse Visa Extension -Director of Limited Company

Post by nadjib31000 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:24 pm

Hi Guys,

I am in desperate need of a reply as our appointment is in less than 10 days time and we would like to have a chance to address any issues during the course of next week. I would appreciate if we could get some answers soon.

Thanks

nadjib31000
Newly Registered

Post by nadjib31000 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:11 pm

[quote="nadjib31000"]Hi Guys,

I am in desperate need of a reply as our appointment is in less than 10 days time and we would like to have a chance to address any issues during the course of next week. I would appreciate if we could get some answers soon.

Thanks[/quote]

Dear Moderators can someone please answer my questions above, we are in desperate need of some help and require urgent assistance

frazy325

Post by frazy325 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:58 am

1- My CT600 shows that my company's last full financial is from 01/05/2015 to 30/04/2016. This was submitted to HMRC in December 2016 and the tax liability was fully paid in January 2017. HMRC have stopped issuing acknowledgement of CT600 submission both written and email. My accountant has written a cover letter to confirm that the accounts were submitted and that he has spoken to HMRC who confirmed the receipt of the payment and that it also reflects on companies house website. Would this be an acceptable alternative to the written acknowledgement previously issued by HMRC.

To my experience, In order to ure first question. The Appendix FM 1.7 9.8 clearly stated, the electronic submission or written acknowledgement of CT600 submission from HMRC is required.
(b) All of the following must be provided:
(i) Company Tax Return CT600 (a copy or print-out) for the last full financial year and
evidence this has been filed with HMRC, such as electronic or written acknowledgment
from HMRC.

I think Your accountant may have electronic submission receipt or you can request HMRC to send you one explaining the reason.

Question no 2 and 3. Not sure. May be ask local immigration adviser.

Thanks

nadjib31000
Newly Registered

Post by nadjib31000 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:48 pm

Thanks frazy325

1- I have asked my accountant numerous times and he said he never received it!! My suspicion is that he deleted the email and has no chance of recovering it. We asked HMRC to send a written confirmation on 20/02/2017 and we were informed that it may take 15 working days to arrive. Unfortunately it has been already 19 working and we haven't received the letter, that's why I was looking to see if a covering letter from the accountant and printouts from the government gateway showing zero balance for corporation tax may be a suitable alternative.

2- I saw on the forum here that some people were suggesting that the entry date to the UK should be for this visa rather than the entire immigration history of the applicant. I am still unsure and I wanted to get advice from people who have been in the same situation and successfully applied.

Thanks

cloud123
Newly Registered

Post by cloud123 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:27 pm

Hi,

I hope that your appointment went through well and they granted your spouse the visa without delay.

Did you manage to get any answers for your questions?

I would be very grateful if you could share.

Thank you.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:31 pm

cloud123 wrote:Hi,

I hope that your appointment went through well and they granted your spouse the visa without delay.

Did you manage to get any answers for your questions?

I would be very grateful if you could share.

Thank you.
Read the thread again. nadjib31000 only posted his questions today...he hasn't submitted an application yet :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.