ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unknown Historic UK PR Absences

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mwolf
Newly Registered

Unknown Historic UK PR Absences

Post by mwolf » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:02 pm

Hi,

I am an EEA citizen and have been living in the UK for 20 years. I am now putting together my UK PR application (together with my non-EEA spouse) and am a little stuck on the section requiring me to list my absences from the UK since I first entered (1997). I understand that I am only required to show 5 years of continuous residency. Thankfully, I have never left the country for more than 50 days in a year and can provide evidence of employment, self employment and when required, CSI to filling the gaps from 2005 onward.

Unfortunately I can only accurately account for absences back to around 2003. For the 6 years prior to that (1997 - 2003) I may be missing records as it was more common to book things through a travel agent, by fax or over the telephone leaving little paper trail.

I have recently acquired through a Fast Track SAR, my known absences, but this only recorded this past 5 years.

As far as I can see it, I have three options for the PR form:

1. Only include the last 5+1 years of absences on my form (the legal minimum)
2. Include the past 14 years which I do have accurately recorded and explain in writing that I have absences prior to this but am unable to accurately account for them so have left them off.
3. Record the past 14 years, and include rough estimates for absences between 1997 - 2003 and explain that some of the recorded historic absences are rough estimates.

Have I missed an option? Does anyone have a recommendation? Much appreciated :D

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Unknown Historic UK PR Absences

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:31 pm

What version of the application you are using?
I believe the online form now doesn't require a detailed listing of absences, just a declaration that your absences do not exceed x number of days.
Also another thought, do you have any paperwork from the Home Office from your early days in the UK? Anything that might say "indefinite leave to remain", could be a stamp in a passport? Indefinite Leave granted pre-2006 counts the same as PR
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

mwolf
Newly Registered

Re: Unknown Historic UK PR Absences

Post by mwolf » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:51 pm

alterhase58 wrote:What version of the application you are using?
I believe the online form now doesn't require a detailed listing of absences, just a declaration that your absences do not exceed x number of days.
Also another thought, do you have any paperwork from the Home Office from your early days in the UK? Anything that might say "indefinite leave to remain", could be a stamp in a passport? Indefinite Leave granted pre-2006 counts the same as PR
I was looking at the latest PDF version (Version 03/2016) I think I 'might' be able to apply online but I have a period of inactivity (2 months inactivity, 4 months without pay) while transitioning from worker to self employed status. I will have a dry run of the online form to verify your notion :)

Unfortunately my only encounter with anything immigration related was an interview to get a NI number in 1998. As an Austrian, there was never a need to register for anything else.. until now.