ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What Does This Mean? - UK passport stamps

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kensa
Newly Registered

What Does This Mean? - UK passport stamps

Post by kensa » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:57 pm

Hello.

I'd like to know what does the written numbers on the stamp mean? (Found it on Google image)
I got the same stamp a month ago when I travelled to the U.K to visit my boyfriend and it had some numbers on the top with the leave to enter for six months notes below.

It is a bit strange given that it is a different stamp than how it used to be and I am worrying that it will effect my next trip visiting my boyfriend.

Thanks a lot.

MrSlyFox

Re: What Does This Mean? - UK passport stamps

Post by MrSlyFox » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:14 pm

This seems like a similar question here - general-uk-immigration-forum/what-does- ... 31319.html

Seems to be a "coded landing" - Stamp 3
http://www.vagabondjourney.com/what-is- ... ion-stamp/

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:26 pm

Where does it show 6 months leave? The stamp you have posted gives entry for only 48 hours. :?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

MrSlyFox

Post by MrSlyFox » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:47 pm

Casa wrote:Where does it show 6 months leave? The stamp you have posted gives entry for only 48 hours. :?
Think the OP said they found the stamp on google and theirs only looked like this one.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:56 pm

kensa wrote:I'd like to know what does the written numbers on the stamp mean? (Found it on Google image)
I got the same stamp a month ago when I travelled to the U.K to visit my boyfriend and it had some numbers on the top with the leave to enter for six months notes below.

It is a bit strange given that it is a different stamp than how it used to be and I am worrying that it will effect my next trip visiting my boyfriend.

Thanks a lot.

The letters and numbers on the top probably correspond to those on your landing card.

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:48 am

Essentially it is an indication to the next Border Force officer to calculate the number of days stay you have amassed in the U.K. in any 12 month period. It is a warning to you not to stay in the U.K. for more than 180 days in any rolling 12 month period. Even getting close to that figure will potentially cause issues.

kensa
Newly Registered

Post by kensa » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:15 pm

MrSlyFox wrote:This seems like a similar question here - general-uk-immigration-forum/what-does- ... 31319.html

Seems to be a "coded landing" - Stamp 3
http://www.vagabondjourney.com/what-is- ... ion-stamp/
Thanks for your help.
But I'm still not quite sure if it will effect my next visit, if so, is there anything I can do or should be aware of?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:20 pm

How much time will you have spent in the UK during the last 12 months :?:

You shouldn't be seen to be spending more time in the UK than you are spending in your own country within a 12 month rolling period (not a calendar year) as Frontier Mole has already advised.

If you are found to be exceeding this the IO could refused you entry on your next visit. Hence the reason for the code on your most recent boarding card.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:48 pm

A normal stamp for non-visa national visitors doesn't normally record a landing card reference.

How long did you say you were staying? Perhaps they may access the information on your landing card the next time you visit?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

kensa
Newly Registered

Post by kensa » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:51 pm

Casa wrote:How much time will you have spent in the UK during the last 12 months :?:

You shouldn't be seen to be spending more time in the UK than you are spending in your own country within a 12 month rolling period (not a calendar year) as Frontier Mole has already advised.

If you are found to be exceeding this the IO could refused you entry on your next visit. Hence the reason for the code on your most recent boarding card.
My last stay was only for 10 days, so my previous stay in the UK are:

2016:

20 FEB - 20 MAR
10 AUG - 09 SEP
DEC 22 - JAN 01 (Last Stay)
-
Thanks a lot.

kensa
Newly Registered

Post by kensa » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:57 pm

vinny wrote:A normal stamp for non-visa national visitors doesn't normally record a landing card reference.

How long did you say you were staying? Perhaps they may access the information on your landing card the next time you visit?
I said I was staying for 10 days. I remember before the IO let me in, she said to me that although it says I can stay for six months on the stamp but I have to leave after 10 days...

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:59 pm

It's correct that you are only permitted to stay for the time requested on entry. Visitors who have extended their declared time are frequently refused entry in the future.

You don't appear to have spent excessive time in the UK, but I suspect that Border Control are monitoring how frequently you visit.
(Casa, not CR001)

ninok
Newly Registered

Post by ninok » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:01 pm

Hi All,

Do you know how the border officer will know when you actually left the country? They can see that person entered UK on Dec 22nd, but how does the Boarder officer will know when the person left and that 6 month limit was not breached?

Thanks
Nina

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:42 pm

leekoonlau
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by leekoonlau » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:15 pm

Hi All,

I had the same issue - received a leave to enter stamp with reference code on the top. I have been travelling to UK for business trip as follow:

May 2017 for 2 weeks
Aug 2017 for 5 weeks
Oct 2017 for 2 months return on 15 Dec

I am supposed to travel for business meeting again on this coming May 2018 for 2 weeks. I would like to seek advise if I will face issue entering UK? What preparation I can work with my company to provide sufficient documents?