ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) Questions

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jasmine89

FLR(M) Questions

Post by jasmine89 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:47 pm

Hi everyone,
i am in desperate need for some advice. my husbands visa is up for renewal and we have booked a premium day service appointment for the 17th of march. i have all the documents ready but i am not sure on one thing. i changed jobs last september, so i have six months of pay slips and apart from the first one the rest of them are all above the threshold. but based on how they go with the lowest one in 6 months my salary comes upto 16500 per year. my husband is in full time employment as well and his salary is 16000 per year. so even though individually we dont earn above the threshold but comined it is 32500 which is way above the threshold. so can we still apply under category with combined incomes?

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: FLR(M) Financial requirements.

Post by Casa » Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:12 pm

Joint income will qualify in meeting the £18.600 annual income level.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

jasmine89

Post by jasmine89 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:22 pm

Casa wrote:Joint income will qualify in meeting the £18.600 annual income level.

thank you so much for the reply. i have been worried sick and i looked everywhere but could not find clear answer. Also if it is possible under CAT A. then when i am filling the form what should i write in the following:

Question 7.3: Current annual salary? (Should i put just the sponsors salary in it or the combined salary?)

question iii:section 7.3A: Have you/your sponsor been in employment with the same employer and earning the amount specified in (xiv) below continuously for 6 months prior to the date of application?

Now given my situation if the go from the lowest payslip in the last six months, me and my husband we have both been with the same employer but our individual income is (me 16500,husband 16000) so combined is above threshold but I don't know what to write in the individual boxes in front of the question. what to answer in YOU and YOUR SPONSOR?

jasmine89

Post by jasmine89 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:02 pm

Any help would really be appreciated. we are so close to our appointment. i just want some clarification on the questions

ttcg
United Kingdom

Post by ttcg » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:02 pm

jasmine89 wrote:
thank you so much for the reply. i have been worried sick and i looked everywhere but could not find clear answer. Also if it is possible under CAT A. then when i am filling the form what should i write in the following:

Question 7.3: Current annual salary? (Should i put just the sponsors salary in it or the combined salary?)
I put combined salary in my app, urs would be 32500

question iii:section 7.3A: Have you/your sponsor been in employment with the same employer and earning the amount specified in (xiv) below continuously for 6 months prior to the date of application?
YES, YES

Now given my situation if the go from the lowest payslip in the last six months, me and my husband we have both been with the same employer but our individual income is (me 16500,husband 16000) so combined is above threshold but I don't know what to write in the individual boxes in front of the question. what to answer in YOU and YOUR SPONSOR?
Put the lowest salary in last 6 months. 16500, 16000

jasmine89

Post by jasmine89 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:02 am

ttcg wrote:
jasmine89 wrote:

I put combined salary in my app, urs would be 32500

YES, YES

Put the lowest salary in last 6 months. 16500, 16000
but on my contract it says 25000. should i still go with the payslip of my first month with the employer which brings it to 16500?

ttcg
United Kingdom

Post by ttcg » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:18 pm

jasmine89 wrote: but on my contract it says 25000. should i still go with the payslip of my first month with the employer which brings it to 16500?
I faced the same situation as you are right now. Both my wife and I got the pay rise (continuing same job, but new contracts) in Nov and Dec 2016 coz of year end reviews. But we still put our old salary in the application. According to UKVI guide, they will use the lowest amount of your payslips in last 6 months.

Just make sure that it's mentioned in the letter from your employer. And if you want, you can write the cover letter to explain why you put the lower amount in the application. That's what I did and I already got the visa back 3 days ago.

jasmine89

Post by jasmine89 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:26 am

ttcg wrote:
jasmine89 wrote: but on my contract it says 25000. should i still go with the payslip of my first month with the employer which brings it to 16500?
I faced the same situation as you are right now. Both my wife and I got the pay rise (continuing same job, but new contracts) in Nov and Dec 2016 coz of year end reviews. But we still put our old salary in the application. According to UKVI guide, they will use the lowest amount of your payslips in last 6 months.

Just make sure that it's mentioned in the letter from your employer. And if you want, you can write the cover letter to explain why you put the lower amount in the application. That's what I did and I already got the visa back 3 days ago.

thank you so much. i have prepared everything. and even though i am applying under cat A with my husbands salary. i gave the explanation to why we have gone with the 16500 salary for me salary and i will also provided them with my previous employment payslips and statements from january as a back up.

can you please check my list:

flrm form
payment confirmation of nhs and premium service
mine and my husbands passport
pictures

correspondence:
8 documents in my name one in joint name:
gp
hmrc tax summary
my pensions
utility bills
insurance documents
bank statements

my husbands:
hmrc documents
statements
bills
gp letter
pensions scheme letter

accomodation:
its owned by me and my mother:
solicitors letter comfirming the purchase
land registry
mortgage statements
a printout with the measurement of all the rooms and property discription

my finances:

my payslips and statements from jan to september from my previous employer.covering letter
my payslips and statements from my current employer sept till date
contract from current and previous jobs
annual tax summary from previous year.

my husbands:
contract,payslips and statements from current employer.

statements are all printed in branch but every page has been stamped.

marriage certificate.

husbands english language requirement fulllfilment documents.

photocopies of all the documents.

ttcg
United Kingdom

Post by ttcg » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:08 am

Sorry, I missed the point that you have changed your job recently.

If you have changed your job within last 6 months, you need to submit 12 months of payslips.

And you need to say 'NO' in 7.3A (iii) under YOUR Sponsor column and you should rely on Category B.

If I were you, I will submit 12 months payslip for yourself (because you changed your job) and 6 months salary for your husband (because he doesn't change his)

ttcg
United Kingdom

Post by ttcg » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:55 pm

Please see the list of documents I submitted here:

immigration-for-family-members/dependen ... l#p1464130

Wish you best of luck!!!

jasmine89

FLR M ACCOMODATION

Post by jasmine89 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:01 pm

Hi, i am applying for my husbands flr m. we have all the correspondence and everything. apart from the council tax bill which is in my mothers name. the house is jointly owned by me. its a four bedroom house with me my mother in law my sister in law and my husband staying in it.i am providing the following documents:letter from solicitor confirming the purchase, orignal land registry,mortgage statement,home insurance solely in my name and a small printout from the estate agent with the measurement of the rooms. is that enough or do i need additional stuff? also do i need a letter from my mother ? i didnt ask her for it because its jontly owned my me and her so legally its my own house. correct me if i am wrong please