ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Visa and transit through Ireland

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

blueangel20063
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Visa and transit through Ireland

Post by blueangel20063 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:18 am

Hi Everyone, I am asking on behalf of my friend who is on Tier2 visa, he missed his return flight to UK due to family reasons and now can get earliest and cheap flight to UK transiting at Ireland.

He has asked few people and got mixed views.please share your views and help if u can.

(1) Does he need Irish transit visa if he got connected flight in Ireland to London.

(2) In regards to entry stamp for absence period he might not get entry stamp at London airport due o domestic flight so how is he going to prove his entry back to UK when he applies for ILR? is entry stamp at Ireland ( not sure if he will go through Immigration and get stamp on passport as its only connecting flight) acceptable bu UKBA as entry date if he claims this in future to apply for ILR?

Thanks in advance and have a good day

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: Tier 2 Visa and transit through Ireland

Post by Djsuccess » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:02 pm

I don't know if a transit visa is required. You can get information from Irish immigration website.
As per entry stamp, flight from Ireland (I guess Dublin) to London is an international flight and as such his passport will still be stamped in London.

If your question is referring to Northern Ireland (Belfast Airport) then he will not require transit visa and his passport will be stamped at Belfast airport.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

blueangel20063
Newly Registered

Post by blueangel20063 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:01 am

Djsuccess wrote:I don't know if a transit visa is required. You can get information from Irish immigration website.
As per entry stamp, flight from Ireland (I guess Dublin) to London is an international flight and as such his passport will still be stamped in London.

If your question is referring to Northern Ireland (Belfast Airport) then he will not require transit visa and his passport will be stamped at Belfast airport.
Much appreciate your reply Djsuccess....you are right his flight will be from Dublin to London City airport and I was told by someone that he also came through this route in past he passed through immigration in Dublin and his passport was stamped in Dublin but in London city Airport there is no such things he just took his luggage and came out, so he wondered if that stamp will be considered as entry to the UK or will this make issue in future to claim absence period from the UK.

Re transit visa the INIS website says transit visa required for certain nationalities only which does not apply to him (he is from pakistan) but he was worried coz he heard mixed views about transit visa...Regards

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:35 am

blueangel20063 wrote:
Djsuccess wrote:I don't know if a transit visa is required. You can get information from Irish immigration website.

Much appreciate your reply Djsuccess....you are right his flight will be from Dublin to London City airport and I was told by someone that he also came through this route in past he passed through immigration in Dublin and his passport was stamped in Dublin but in London city Airport there is no such things he just took his luggage and came out, so he wondered if that stamp will be considered as entry to the UK or will this make issue in future to claim absence period from the UK.

Re transit visa the INIS website says transit visa required for certain nationalities only which does not apply to him (he is from pakistan) but he was worried coz he heard mixed views about transit visa...Regards

Any UK airport with international flights operation will or should have the UKVI staff at the entry point. So if international flights land at London Airport, then UKVI staff should be there to stamp passports. If this is not the case, then we can agree that it is a big issue for the country.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:29 am

even if that happens and the passport doesnt get stamped, its nothing to worry. UKVI will hold information on all your travels as its done electronically and provided by airline to UKVI, tracking your name, passport number etc.

blueangel20063
Newly Registered

Post by blueangel20063 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:05 pm

Thanks guys for the replies much appreciated. I have heard that ireland and UK have some sort of treaty and if you coming from lets say Dublin ( in his case he is connecting at Dublin so he will go through immigration and get his passport stamped by them) to London city Airport/ Luton you dont go through immigration again at London, the same happened to one of my friends he went through immigration in Dublin and then in london he said he just took his luggage and came out.

He is just wondered if this is ok or will make any issue for him to claim that he was back to the UK via Ireland and has got entry stamp at Ireland but not in the UK.