ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation (Tier 1 -> ILR) English Language Requirement

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mantasingh

Naturalisation (Tier 1 -> ILR) English Language Requirement

Post by mantasingh » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:13 pm

Dear Gurus

I am confused like anything regarding English Language Requirement during naturalisation.
I got my ILR in Jan, 2016 (2 + 3 + 3 yrs extension) and now going to apply for naturalisation.

I proved mine and my wife English language every time I went for extension or ILR.
Myself: Got NARIC certificate during ILR as PBS calculator dropped my qualification.
My wife: Used her original degree certificates from Indian university as PBS calculator was recognising her degree on Jan, 16 when we went for ILR.

Now UKBA has removed the PBS calculator. Now how can I prove English Language requirement for my wife?
Or Do I even need to send any proof as I have already proven her English along with ILR application?

I have read all the FAQs, various other posts, but this particular scenario has not been responded.

Please confirm.
Thanks in advance.

mantasingh

Re: Naturalisation (Tier 1 -> ILR) English Language Requirem

Post by mantasingh » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:50 am

Hi Gurus

Please help me with my query.
I am really struggling to find answer.

Does my wife need to prove her English again if she has done at the time of ILR in Jan, 16.
And if yes, how?
1-> Getting NARIC Certificate OR
2-> Appearing for Exam

Please confirm.

Thanks
Manish Gupta

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:52 am

You tick the box on the form that you 'met the requirement for ILR after 28 Oct 2013'.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mantasingh

Post by mantasingh » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:17 am

Super thanks CR001.
You have relieved me from lot of unnecessary stress.

Thanks a lot to you and this forum for helping me all the way.

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:01 am

just bear in mind, if u apply via NCS, they might insist on this and ask you if we like to proceed as I found out.

it could be just the NCS official I had to deal with and not sure if everyone had been misinformed.

ta

mantasingh

Post by mantasingh » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:22 am

Hi N8net

Did you proceed without any proof at NCS and still got naturalisation or not? When did you do it?

Also, I just called UKVI - Naturalisation helpline at 03001232253.
The person took the scenario to his senior manager for confirmation and came back only to tell me either get NARIC certificate or appear for B1 exam to prove English language requirement even if you have proved it with ILR after October 2013
Reason: As I proved it previously based upon PBS calculator and now it is no longer active, hence I need to prove it again at naturalisation.

So not taking any chances and asking my wife to go for B1 exam at Trinity Centre.
This is really painful and costing money, but not taking any chances with the amount of money involved.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:25 am

It may be worth bearing in mind that the NARIC ELA (Red Route) is the same cost as the B1 level test. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

mantasingh

Post by mantasingh » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:46 am

Yes I know.
But going for B1 exam as it is quick and easier than going through NARIC.

Really upset with UKBA.. but this is the last push.. :(

osengulen
Newly Registered

Post by osengulen » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:23 pm

Hi

UK degree, Masters or Phd are accepted as well. I have a Postgraduate Certificate, which is 1/3 of a masters. Do you have any idea whether I can submit it? Postgraduate Certificate is Level 7 by the way.

thanks