ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Absences from the UK and CSI

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tmonaghan
Mood:
United Kingdom

Absences from the UK and CSI

Post by tmonaghan » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:18 pm

Hello,

I left the UK for about 5.5 months and came back. Would I have to have a CSI during that period even though I was not in the UK? Of course, since I returned I have a CSI but I would want to know about the time spent outside the UK please,

I am a EEA Self-Sufficient person, relying from the Financial support from my British Citizen partner during the time I spent in the UK.

Thank you,

Trevor

MrSlyFox

Re: Absences from the UK and CSI

Post by MrSlyFox » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:58 pm

You can be absent for six months per year without affecting your residency, were you absent for .5 months more in that year besides that one big absence of 5.5 months (I.e. over six months in total)? No CSI required if your not in the UK.

Or one big one off absence of up to a year for important reason (i.e. childbirth)

tmonaghan
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by tmonaghan » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:00 pm

Thank you MrSlyFox

I was simply absent for 5.5 months, I have the flight tickets to prove that right..

Regards,

Trevor

MrSlyFox

Post by MrSlyFox » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:01 pm

Then you should have any troubles with it :D

prforyou
Newly Registered

Post by prforyou » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:26 pm

This is really useful! It also helps with a point in my timeline that I currently am struggling with.

However, it just seems really illogical from the UK perspective, as what if one is in another EEA country during that time of absence and were using the British EHIC card?

Is it the same also, if as a student in the UK I would be absent for a few months and not working and not having CSI?

tmonaghan
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by tmonaghan » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:33 am

@prforyou

Well both Self-Sufficient and Studen persons are treated the same way; such as the requirement for a CSI during our stay in the UK.

So if we are not required to hold a CSI whilst abroad for a few months and no longer than six months; it should be reasonable to accept that a CSI whilst abroad would be a waste of month unless your CSI covers you while abroad as well as in the UK.

I would have been gutted if I had to have a CSI whilst abroad because of the cost £95 a month.