ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Entrepreneur - ILR - 5 year settlement application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Spoelie
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Entrepreneur - ILR - 5 year settlement application

Post by Spoelie » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:14 pm

Hello.

We're about to submit our application for Tier 1 Entrepreneur - ILR - 5 year settlement route.

Quick background.

Arrived 1 March 2012 - Tier 1 Entrepreneur. (3 years and 4 months entry)
Granted 2 year extension in 2015 - Expires - 4 Aug 2017.
I am the director of the company with two settled workers.

1 March 2017 we were in the UK for 5 consecutive years.

We would like to apply before 1 April 17 as you NEVER know what the next milepost will be after 1 April.

Question. Money

It seems like we tick all the boxes (hopefully) - but one worries me...

When we arrived 5 years ago we sold every single thing we've owned. We've always had savings that we basically lived off trying to establish a business and pay our two settled workers (for a total of 5 years).

My wife is a teacher and we've basically used her salary and our savings to survive. We do not live extravagant and are "savers" rather than spenders. As the director of the company I've never really taken a "salary"...as there was no need to. I supported myself and my family with savings and my wife's income covered all our rent and our savings our food/minimal expenses.

The question.
On the set(0) application form - page 17 - Section 5 "Your home and finances"

5.1 Do you or your partner both pay your rent (-yes-)- if so how much -

5.2 Are you working in the UK?........ - yes or no -
I'm the director of the company so do I say Yes....then...

If so what is your pay each month after income tax and deductions....? ______________ if I state an amount how do I prove this? As they only want 3 months bank statements to prove your maintenance funds for (945 pp GBP), OR do they want to check your salary?

The maintenance funds would be coming from my Savings and current account which has about 60k in total in it. My wife's savings are about 18K and the business account is about 60K positive as well.

I'm trying to establish what documents to submit and attach.

The application form clearly states that if you've had a successful 2 year extension you do not need to prove the business details again. The checklis in the points bases system basically states:

20 points - you have invested 200 000K (in your previous grant)
20 points - registered as a director within 6 months (if you proved this in your previous grant no need to do it again)
15 points - are currently still the director of your company
20 points - created 2 full time jobs for 12 months for your second two year leave (the current one)
10 points - English language and Life in the Uk test
10 points - maintenance funds to support yourself and your family (in the uk 945 pp)

The application form in my view is very confusing, and there are so many little things that you might miss. I cannot afford to miss any. This is our life. My children are my biggest concern - All we do - is to aim to give them a better future.

I need to get this right.

Any suggestions please.

Thanks
Spoelie
15 points -

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 1 Entrepreneur - ILR - 5 year settlement applicatio

Post by zimba » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:39 pm

There are NO maintenance fund requirements for ILR however as you need to show that you can maintain yourself without relying on public funds.
You can choose to include a covering letter explaining your finances and send 3 months bank statements showing you have enough savings to support yourself. This is in addition to evidence regarding your wife's finaces

There is also NO requirement to prove your investment again under Tier 1E five year ILR route :!:

20 points - you have invested 200 000K (in your previous grant) No need, you get the points automatically
20 points - registered as a director within 6 months No need, you get the points automatically
15 points - are currently still the director of your company Send current appointments report
20 points - created 2 full time jobs Send evidence showing you created/maintained equivalent of two jobs AFTER your extension
10 points - English language and Life in the Uk test send English language evidence as required
10 points - maintenance funds to support yourself and your family (in the uk 945 pp) No such requirement for ILR
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Spoelie
Newly Registered

Post by Spoelie » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:28 pm

Thank you Zimba...

But what do I answer for my salary ----
The question.
On the set(0) application form - page 17 - Section 5 "Your home and finances"

5.2 Do you or your partner both pay your rent (-yes-)- if so how much -

5.3 Are you working in the UK?........ - yes or no -
I'm the director of the company so do I say Yes....then...how much?

5.4 Does a family member or a friend or your partner regularly give you money? Yes or no...
Can I state yes (partner) and basically say this is my wifes income for our household when requested to do so?

So - just to clarify...If my expenses including my rent is lets say 2000GBP - should I state my salary is 2000GBP to cover our expenses? - I have no proof of this. (monthly payment into my personal savings account).

As there is just a tick for no and yes - and an amount - if they wanted an explanation I can submit that in my 28 days period after an request is made...

Everywhere I read everyone suggests just submit what they ask....nothing more, nothing less.

I'm just confused about what to answer?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:14 pm

You should try to answer all the questions as they are asked on the form. If you are on payroll, then you are employed. If your partner pays you money you must specify that. I repeat AGAIN that if you are unable to provide all the information on the form, your situation can be explained simply in a covering letter
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Spoelie
Newly Registered

Tier 1 - Entrepreneur - ILR - Section 12 - help in answering

Post by Spoelie » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:25 am

Zumba/or anyone that has been on the same route: Entrepreneur - ILR - 5 year settlement

(set0) application form page 75 and 76

I am the director of the company - I do not have regular salary payments -

Just want some advice on two questions in section 12:

1. If you have a spouse (been married since 2000) or civil partner listed in section two (dependants) who is applying at the same time as you, please provide documentary evidence of cohabitation since you were last granted leave (up to a maximum of two years). Evidence provided should cover the whole period and be in the form of official letters documents addressed to yourself and your spouse.

- so do I provide our marriage certificate
- council tax bill
- her bank account statements (to prove address)
- my bank account statements (to prove address)

2. Evidence of your finances. If you have to complete section 5. Bankstatements, building society savings, pay slips or other formal documents as evidence of your ability to maintaining and accommodate yourself and your dependants without resources to public funds.

- If i provide a cover letter from the bank stating that in my PERSONAL current account and SAVINGS account has been more than 30 000 GBP for 90 consecutive days
- as well as bankstatements from my SAVINGS account
- and my wife's bankstatements together with a personal letter (18 000 GBP) with her savings (as it is "our" money) and are to the dispose of our household expenses as well - It is not a joint account.

.... do I (the director of the company )need to provide salary slips as well? (I'm not being paid on a monthly basis)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:26 am

Topic posted in Tier 1 Ent sub forum merged with your ILR topic. Kindly refrain from posting ILR queries in the Tier 1 Ent sub forum and keep ALL your questions on ILR in a single topic (this one).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seasky
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by seasky » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:35 am

CR001 wrote:Topic posted in Tier 1 Ent sub forum merged with your ILR topic. Kindly refrain from posting ILR queries in the Tier 1 Ent sub forum and keep ALL your questions on ILR in a single topic (this one).
Dear CR001 and Moderator team. ILR for T1-ENT is quite distinct from many other ILRs and I have learnt that the best place to get answers is on the T1 ENT forum. For example the minutia of FPS with or without start/leave dates on the form is a T1-ENT issue (shared with t1-ent extension).

When I started my ILR path I asked on the general ILR forum and did not get answers, which I did get on t1-ent

I believe even the HO sends T1-ent ILR forms to the T1-ent team.

When I have what is considered a general ILR issue (e.g. mentioning tax affairs) I put it on the main ILR forum.

Confusing yes. Hence moderator guidance is asked (and I heavily suggest leave it in the t1 ent forum)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:45 am

seasky wrote:
CR001 wrote:Topic posted in Tier 1 Ent sub forum merged with your ILR topic. Kindly refrain from posting ILR queries in the Tier 1 Ent sub forum and keep ALL your questions on ILR in a single topic (this one).
Dear CR001 and Moderator team. ILR for T1-ENT is quite distinct from many other ILRs and I have learnt that the best place to get answers is on the T1 ENT forum. For example the minutia of FPS with or without start/leave dates on the form is a T1-ENT issue (shared with t1-ent extension).

When I started my ILR path I asked on the general ILR forum and did not get answers, which I did get on t1-ent

I believe even the HO sends T1-ent ILR forms to the T1-ent team.

When I have what is considered a general ILR issue (e.g. mentioning tax affairs) I put it on the main ILR forum.

Confusing yes. Hence moderator guidance is asked (and I heavily suggest leave it in the t1 ent forum)
It is not appropriate to post ILR questions in other sub forums. Zimba88 is quite capable of finding topics and posting replies in the ILR forum, as are any other members who venture out of the Tier 1 Ent sub forum. There are many routes, complex and simple, that lead to ILR, Tier 1 Ent is no exception.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seasky
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by seasky » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:12 am

CR001 wrote: It is not appropriate to post ILR questions in other sub forums. Zimba88 is quite capable of finding topics and posting replies in the ILR forum, as are any other members who venture out of the Tier 1 Ent sub forum. There are many routes, complex and simple, that lead to ILR, Tier 1 Ent is no exception.
I (humbly) suggest the moderator team revisit this decision, especially with moderator Zimba88

While Zimba88 is by far the strongest single asset of the T1e forum (he himself being a T1e), the collective knowledge of that forum is a huge asset in itself. For example as I dive into minutia of t1e ILR I both learn and (hopefully) contribute to others on their t1e (initial/extension/ILR) path.

And yes there is huge amounts of minutia very specific to t1-e and I have learnt a lot from the t1-es going to extension even though I am going for ILR

I have to say the T1e ILR submission is more akin to a t1e-extension than what other routes have to ILR. It is a speciality and should continue as it is today where the t1e ILR applicants (and there are more and more of us as t1e was quite nascent in 2011...), usually know where to focus their questions and do it quite well. There is a reason the t1e forum is full of ILR threads as of today.

Clearly this forum is not my trainset and I will abide by the moderators decision

Spoelie
Newly Registered

Post by Spoelie » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:27 am

Please accept my humble apology if I posted in the wrong section - if there was another one - I missed it.

Tier 1 Entrepreneur is a extremely complexed application with a massive amount of boxes to tick.

Any other ILR application is NOT relevant to the Entrepreneur category and I found your input, suggestions and amount of knowledge extremely valuable.

This is the ONLY place where I can get "real" answers by "real" people, and therefor I am extremely grateful.

If it was NOT for this site...I would never have known about the additional requirements during your 2 year extension after you initial Tier 1 Entrepreneur grant (3 years and 4 months).

My 2 year extension letter from Home Office did not specify any hints on what you are supposed to do to qualify for ILR (another set of job creations for 12 months). Luckily I read this on your site and could be prepared what was to come 2 years along the line.

I warm heartedly thank you all.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:52 pm

I share the same views as CR001. The ILR questions must be asked under ILR sub-forum and will be answered here. This will ensure that in future, many can benefit from the archived posts and topics in the correct sub forum without much confusion. Anything specific to Tier 1E rules/requirements can be refereed back to posts on the Tier 1E forum as necessary to assist applicants while the main ILR queries remains in the proper sub-forum.
Most Tier 1E applications were granted after 2012 and that means the ILR applications and questions will start to appear in the ILR forum from now onwards as the Tier 1 General ILR queries will eventually die by April 2018.

Now I suggest to avoid diverting the topic and let the OP get the answers instead :!: