ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Contact UKVI several times for spouse dependent visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

London_calling
Newly Registered

Contact UKVI several times for spouse dependent visa

Post by London_calling » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:55 pm

Hello Everyone
I was wondering if it is okay to contact UKVI several times at regular intervals while awaiting to hear from them on application passed 9 weeks+? Will it have a positive or negative impact on the decision and timescale? Will appreciate if those people who have done this could share your experience, please.
Also, has anyone experienced receiving the standard kind of reply saying it is under process upon enquiring the status on an application? Do they also vary response by stating they are making further checks on the application and it's under process?
Has anyone received quicker decision post making status enquiries for spouse visa application from Mumbai, India?
My last question is I didn't get an option to apply spouse visa for my wife on a priority basis from Mumbai. Anyone else tried this and didn't get the priority option and had to settle for normal application from Mumbai? I am not sure if mentioning this to UKVI will have an impact on their decision-making quicker?
I will appreciate your time and help for sharing your views and experiences.
Thank you

secret.simon

Re: Contact UKVI several times for spouse dependent visa

Post by secret.simon » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:00 pm

Would that not be the Home Office equivalent of a Denial of Service attack, using up HO resources in answering repeated queries rather than processing applications?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.