ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Back Home-Bank Statement for maintenance

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jafersadeq
United Kingdom

Back Home-Bank Statement for maintenance

Post by jafersadeq » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:27 pm

Dear Gurus,
I wonder about the case below:
If someone lives in the UK for 3 years, and he wants to use his personal bank statement in his back home, the statement covers more than 90 days, in his country's currency, with printout PDF from OANDA shows rate, the statement date is less than 30 days from application date, and translated to English.

Is this acceptable?

Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Back Home-Bank Statement for maintenance

Post by zimba » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:01 pm

As per rules should be fine as long as the bank is in the list of accepted ones which HO can make a verification with given in Appendix P.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... stitutions
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

arvind_2443
Newly Registered

Re: Back Home-Bank Statement for maintenance

Post by arvind_2443 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:18 pm

I did a mistake. I thought that if i am investing 50k i don't need to maintain money for 90 days. Since my spouse visa was dependent on me, so roughly i need to maintain over 1600 GBP in my account for 90 days. I was running short of 5 days:

1) Went back to India and i had few funds available in Indian account (Indian bank should be under guide lines of UKBA).
2) had a letter from Indian bank manager that i had all access for funds (for those deficit 5 days)
3) OANDA currency conversion letter that proves that INR amount is equivalent to 1600 GBP for 5 deficit days.
4) Original Indian bank passbook
5) Indian bank money should not be pension or any benefit amount

I have waited for 10 months - got interviewed - pre action letter - lastly i have got my visa last week. Let me know if you need more info in showing funds from back home. Cheers.