ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PR App: no P60 for one year but pay slips, and no tax paid

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

prforyou
Newly Registered

PR App: no P60 for one year but pay slips, and no tax paid

Post by prforyou » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:58 pm

In the tax year 2005/2006, I was working part-time as a student for most of the year in the range of 400-700£/month. I got all old payslips from the university for that year, but I just realize that I have not paid any tax!

I do not understand why I did not pay tax. but will this be a problem to count this year as a qualifying year? I have an employment letter from the university starting in February 2015, as well as the payslips for that year, and all other P60s.

MrSlyFox

Re: PR App: no P60 for one year but pay slips, and no tax pa

Post by MrSlyFox » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:14 pm

prforyou wrote:In the tax year 2005/2006, I was working part-time as a student for most of the year in the range of 400-700£/month. I got all old payslips from the university for that year, but I just realize that I have not paid any tax!

I do not understand why I did not pay tax. but will this be a problem to count this year as a qualifying year? I have an employment letter from the university starting in February 2015, as well as the payslips for that year, and all other P60s.
Failure to pay NI doesn't disqualify you from exercising treaty rights as a worker.
Try page 12 the section on tax and national insurance contributions - https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 4_0EXT.pdf

However, the Home Office may contact DWP who may start an investigation into the not paying tax issue.