ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS T2 ICT Dependant to T2 General switch

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

opti21
Newly Registered

PBS T2 ICT Dependant to T2 General switch

Post by opti21 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:04 pm

Hi there,
I am in UK since September 2010 (established Staff category) & is eligible for unlimited extension in this category. My wife is also having dependent visa in same category. And she currently working with a company as a full time employee but on contract basis. (company renews the contract every year) The company wants to sponsor her because my sponsor license is suspended & may be revoked soon. So can my wife switch to T2 general visa i the company where she is working as contract employee sponsors her? I know RLMT will be required in this case.
But my doubt is as she is already working with company as contract employee, would the home office consider her as pre-selected candidate?
Or cans she apply the T2 GEN visa with a different post in the company or is it okay to apply for the same post as she will be considered as contract employee to regular employee.

Help needed please.

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Re: PBS T2 ICT Dependant to T2 General switch

Post by moonlight55 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:12 pm

opti21 wrote:Hi there,
But my doubt is as she is already working with company as contract employee, would the home office consider her as pre-selected candidate?
Help needed please.
Most likely Yes. The application will get more attention from UKVI since she is working there for years now. It does not matter what SOC code she applies for. Because she has to go back and apply from home country, the application may get delayed. Do consider these aspects as well.