ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Flight connection in London - Ryanair

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Samik77
Newly Registered

Flight connection in London - Ryanair

Post by Samik77 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:34 am

Dear All,

as I can't find any useful information on the web, I try to find any advice here.

My wife holds a stamp 4EUFAM and we just saw that Ryanair from October will connect London to Kiev (Ukraine) at a very cheap fares. So basically she needs to take the first flight from Dublin to London and the second from London to Kiev.

As Ryanair doesn't work like the other companies in terms of connection flights, we would need to collect our luggage in London, get out from the transit zone and go through the passport control in order to board the new flight to Kiev.

Is the 4EUFAM enough?

Many thanks

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Flight connection in London - Ryanair

Post by max307 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:55 am

Correct me if I’m wrong but there is no passport control in London when you land from Ireland, Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man, and the Channel Islands because of the Common Travel Area (CTA). I have done this route (Dublin – London) several times for work and was never asked to show my passport.

I’m assuming that you are a EU citizen (other than Irish) given your wife’s Stamp 4EUFAM. In that case she should be OK doing this trip if you (EU citizen) are either accompanying or joining her in Ukraine.

I guess no one knows yet what will be the case after Brexit but at least for the next two years your wife and yourself should be OK using this route.

crisbella218
China

Post by crisbella218 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:39 pm

max307 wrote:Correct me if I’m wrong but there is no passport control in London when you land from Ireland, Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man, and the Channel Islands because of the Common Travel Area (CTA). I have done this route (Dublin – London) several times for work and was never asked to show my passport.

I’m assuming that you are a EU citizen (other than Irish) given your wife’s Stamp 4EUFAM. In that case she should be OK doing this trip if you (EU citizen) are either accompanying or joining her in Ukraine.

I guess no one knows yet what will be the case after Brexit but at least for the next two years your wife and yourself should be OK using this route.
My understanding is that the 4EUFAM is issued under Article 10 of directive 2004/38. Therefore you can travel throughout the EU with your family member. However the British unique as they are can ask you to prove your relationship. So if you can bring your marriage certificate as well to back up the card if you are questioned that would help.

However I don't think any checks will happen, but best to be prepared for any questions as the British can do random checks on people entering GB.

Samik77
Newly Registered

Post by Samik77 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:28 pm

Thanks for your answers guys :)

As Ukraine is her country of origin, I guess she can also travel alone holding the stamp 4EUFAM

Am I right?

Thank you :)

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:55 pm

Because she’s technically entering / transiting a EU country (landing in London, collecting bags, checking in for her Ryanair flight to Ukraine, etc.) I don’t think she can travel on her own without a visa and without you (EU citizen).

Most EU countries will only allow your wife to enter or transit if she holds a Stamp 4EUFAM and you (EU citizen) are accompanying or joining her. If she’s travelling on her own she will need a visa but I guess that’s something you can double check with an immigration lawyer.

Samik77
Newly Registered

Post by Samik77 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:25 pm

She always traveled by her own but with other companies like KLM or Airfrance without any issues as she was waiting for the connection in the international transit zone of the airports.

My concern, as I said before, is about Ryanair that doesn't connect flights so I will follow your advice, asking to an immigration officer.

I hope that Ryanair will implement direct flights to Kiev from Dublin :)

Thanks a lot

Ayub 87

Post by Ayub 87 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:36 pm

Hi there, yes thats true im British and was coming back from Ireland to stanstead and they questioned me randomly while exiting the arrivals area(no passport checks) that where do i live what is the purpose of my trip etc....you never know with U.K spot checks so best to be safe than sorry.