ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR - when to apply?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

NationOne

FLR - when to apply?

Post by NationOne » Fri Feb 04, 2005 5:22 pm

1. )How long (days) before the expiry of my HSMP Visa should I file for FLR?

2.) I have the initial HSMP visa valid for 2 years (30/03/04 to 30/03/06). Strange! since all documentation says that it should be 1 year.
Should I file for FLR right now or wait for next year?

Square

Post by Square » Fri Feb 04, 2005 6:18 pm

I'd suggest you apply for extension near the expiry of the first year of your HSMP visa in line with the guidance notes.

Square

ford

Post by ford » Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:43 pm

I think ur better off getting a clarification from the HO, dont wait the good part of 2 years and then find out the HO decides against the ext.

Cheers.

Ajay Kumar Singh

Post by Ajay Kumar Singh » Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:43 pm

NationOne,
You missed my case. I have given all details about my case on this board.
Just to remind you. I also got HSMP for 2 years. I sent e-mail to home office and to Embassy, which issued it. Home Office said to get it corrected to show 1 year, if i want. And Embassy replied .. ..they don't know anything at all...

So i took all the pain again and make it to show 1 year. Eben I have to convince Embassy to do so, they were not willing to change it :shock:
It was buy 1 get 1 free ;)
Don't get lured by such offer it's England ..

So better you consider your HSMP validity period as 1 year and get it extened well before the expiry of 1 year, or else you know Home Office .. don't you :)

cheers
Ajay

vikramsthakur
Newly Registered

Post by vikramsthakur » Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:02 pm

One more querry regarding the FLR,

After yesterday's announcements of the new policy of 5 years to Residency.....

* IF I apply for FLR this month what would be the period of extension of the HSMP /Tier-1 (whatever they call it). i.e. 3 years or 4 years?? Cos if its 3 years then how will the 5th year thing work out? I couldn't make out what exactly will be the effect.