ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ON A WORK PERMIT AND WANT TO BRING GIRLFRIEND/WIFE OVER

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

t-bag

ON A WORK PERMIT AND WANT TO BRING GIRLFRIEND/WIFE OVER

Post by t-bag » Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:01 pm

Dear All,

I would really appeciate a lot if some of you cold clarify me on what i need and how i need to proceed to get my gilfriend in the uk as a dependant.

i am on a work permit for 5 years and woul like to bring y girlfriend over. I am prepapred and was ready to gt married in her home country. What documentation shall I provide on top of my wages, workpermit and proofs that i can support her. She is not working at the oment, will tat b a problem? How much money do i need (in average) to how tht I can support her? When will be the best time to apply. If we get married on wednesday, can she apply on thursday? What can I use to show that our marriage is genuine? I really need your expertise and would be gateful if any of you could help me. Do you think its a good idea to go throught sollicitors? I just dont want her to fail because there is nothing worse to be in the country whreyou can buid a carreer without the person you love.
Also, id she is refused, is there a way to appeal?? She does not speak english at all (2/10, i would say) - is that a problem for her application?

Cheers

Jeff Albright

Post by Jeff Albright » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:56 am

I think (?) that you either have to be married or have lived together for at least 2 years, for which you will need some proof.
Her English would not be an issue but you will have to show that you have enough money and adequate accommodation to support her and yourself without recourse to public funds, so the proof of your income and mortgage/tenancy documents will be required.
Go to UKVisas website and read exactly what is required. The website is quite helpful. You can also read about the same rules on BIA's website.

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:12 pm

If you marry her then you can apply, with the same documents you used for your own entry clearance. Make sure that the salary you earn is enough to support two people, and there should be no problems.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

t-bag

Re

Post by t-bag » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:37 pm

Thanks a lot for all your replies. I think the marriage is the best option.

Can I apply here for her, or does she have to apply herself??

Please let me know. The question might sound stupid but I would like to know. Also, which sollicitors would you recommend as I do not want her to fail. UKVisas?? Do they deal with dependant visas??

Please advise

Regards