ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

A few questions - AN form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ajenta83

1.7 & 1.8 Questions

Post by Ajenta83 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:56 am

Dear members,
I’ve just started to fill in the application form; and came across the first point that’s confusing me.
1.7 /1.8
I’m a EEA national, originally from Sri Lanka (obtained nationality through naturalisation when I was 2; when both my parents did). My name on my birth certificate at that time was slightly different from what it is when I obtained the EEA nationality. This had to with; how my parents decided to short the names for confinience purposes; and in Sri lanka it’s common to use the fathers first name as the family name. Long story short: I have not been known on any official documents by those names since I obtained the EEA nationality (nor in the specific EEA country or UK).
The name was for example:
First names: Arunya Charlinyffy; Surname: Kavipillai (Fathers first name: Francis; Surname :Kavipillai); after naturalisation my name has become: Arunya Charliny with the surname: Francis).
Do I have to inform about this? The only reason why I’m thinking of not doing is; is I believe I have to provide proof of this; which is going to be a pain to obtain. And as evidence/proof of identity I am providing my licence; and all the passports (expired ones) etc as well; which are all in the same name. I’m planning not to include my birth certificate as proof of identity (as this would only trigger confusion, I believe).
Your opinion and advice is highly appreciated.

Ajenta83

A few questions - AN form

Post by Ajenta83 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:47 am

Dear members,
The time has come that I am actually filling in an AN form :( . I’m an EEA national, who obtained PR somewhere back in 2014. I have a few questions whilst filling in the form, and I’m hoping you are able to advise me please:

1.3 If you are an EEA national, a Swiss national or a family member of an EEA or Swiss national you should read pages 10 to 11 of the Booklet AN.

Is this the date you’ve obtained PR? If so; so I have requested information from SAR. Where the outcome date is put down as 8/5/2014 (same as the issue date on my PR). Is this the date that I fill in?

p.s not sure if I'm allowed to create a new topic or whether I should have merged my questions with the other topics?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: A few questions - AN form

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:53 am

Ajenta83 wrote:p.s not sure if I'm allowed to create a new topic or whether I should have merged my questions with the other topics?
Please keep ALL questions on the same application in a single topic. Thanks.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ajenta83

Re: A few questions - AN form

Post by Ajenta83 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:22 am

Apologies CR001 - I'll stick to one topic.