ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP STAMPED - BY WHAT TIME SHOULD I ENTER TO UK?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hm
Newly Registered

HSMP STAMPED - BY WHAT TIME SHOULD I ENTER TO UK?

Post by hm » Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:48 pm

Hello all,
I had used advice from this forum since long for my EC application. My EC under HSMP granted in Dec 07. Now I have some questions,
I have to go to other country for some months for personal reasons.
In this case,
1) should I first go to UK and get entry stamp on my passport (as rules are changing in coming march I am afraid if I dont get stamp now, it may create problems later)?
2) After stamping, soon after one week I want to move from UK. Is it adviceable to stay outside UK more than 90 days, like what would be possible impacts on my HSMP extension?
3) or should I straightway go to other place and enter UK after some month?
4) My spouse has dependent HSMP visa. If both of us enter UK now and get entry stamp, would it possible for my spouse to come back UK without me later? is it objectionable for dependent visa holder to leave in UK without main visa holder?
Please guide me members.
I am hoping to get some quick answers.
thanks

jimmymcad
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

hmm

Post by jimmymcad » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:31 am

1) should I first go to UK and get entry stamp on my passport (as rules are changing in coming march I am afraid if I dont get stamp now, it may create problems later)?

You have your visa stamped, new rules wont effect you anymore unless you apply for FLR after 2 years. so dont worry ont that. You can enter any time within 6 months, but you may face some questions from the immigration officer if you delay it more than 3 months. so you should prepare for it.

2) After stamping, soon after one week I want to move from UK. Is it adviceable to stay outside UK more than 90 days, like what would be possible impacts on my HSMP extension?
If you do stamping and enter UK just for the sake of the entry and leave within a month, it wont be any problem. Point is how long you going to stay outside the UK. if you stay more than 90 days, it wont create any problem in your HSMP visa, or in your FLR. for FLR you have some rules to follow. you must have 12 months payslip. As long as you manage those 12 months, you can stay outside. the only problem will appear when you file FOR ILR, 5 years, because staying outside UK more than 90 days will reset your ILR clock

3) or should I straightway go to other place and enter UK after some month?

I mentioned above, you can enter the UK within 6 months. So you have to calculate yourself.
4) My spouse has dependent HSMP visa. If both of us enter UK now and get entry stamp, would it possible for my spouse to come back UK without me later? is it objectionable for dependent visa holder to leave in UK

Your spouse can enter eny time and leave anytime.

hope it helps

Hope it helps

hm
Newly Registered

Post by hm » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:31 am

thanks, it was helpful.
But is it necessary to enter UK within six month of stamping? because if I go other place I wont be able to enter within six month of stamping.
Also as of now, I have decided to go to UK for stamping and move out with my spouse, my spouse will reenter UK without me later. I hope it will not create problem.

ce98118

Re: hmm

Post by ce98118 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:01 pm

Jimmy and Hm.. another question.. if some one got to the UK only after 16 months from visa stamping, and say worked in the UK for the next 8 months and 4 months elsewhere in the 12 month period for which earnings are assessed again for FLR.. how would that work? Would the earnings be pro-rated by country?

nionlight
Member of Standing

Post by nionlight » Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:25 pm

if you enter after 28 days of stamping you will have trouble for ILR because you wont be fulfilling 5 years of stay. there is some thread about this issue, you can check it out.

jimmymcad
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

hmm

Post by jimmymcad » Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:21 pm

In that case, you should get a letter from the employer, and you can show the proof that Yes, if you get the chance to stay for longer, you can contribute reasonable work in the UK, and you will not recourse to public funds. YOu should provide strong documetns in this case, that your stay will benifit to UK. hope it helps.

hm
Newly Registered

Post by hm » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:51 am

I am not thinking for ILR right now, bother only for FLR (as its not possible to think that much long term in this ever changing situation). I am thinking for only two option, enter now and move or enter later.

hm
Newly Registered

Post by hm » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:19 am

I have decided to email BHC to inform them, that I have some genuine reason to leave UK after my initial stamping and I assure them that I will come back UK at the earliest.
Hope BHC will guide on this issue. :?

ce98118

Post by ce98118 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:00 pm

hm wrote:I have decided to email BHC to inform them, that I have some genuine reason to leave UK after my initial stamping and I assure them that I will come back UK at the earliest.
Hope BHC will guide on this issue. :?
hm- did you get any advice from BHC?

apachegmf
Newly Registered

Post by apachegmf » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:15 pm

Hi All,

Hmm with reference to u r question, I had mailed to BHC and got reply saying that for HSMP there is no validity like 6 months or 3 months, u can enter any time but it is advisable to enter UK ASAP.

But for workpermit you should enter UK within 6 months otherwise your visa will expire.

Hope I had cleared u r doubt.

Regards

hm
Newly Registered

Post by hm » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:32 am

thanks for this information.
I am waiting reply from BHC.
My question is if I enter UK within 3 month of my EC stamping date, and leave UK within one week for more than 90 days, what would be impact? It will create problem in FLR that is understood, but is there any other legal problem?

yrehman
Newly Registered

Post by yrehman » Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:31 pm

I don't know how old is this one but it says that you must enter within 3 months after receiving a successfull entry clearance application

http://hsmp.ukresident.com/hsmp-faqs/uk-immigration/40/

HTH