ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA - PR for student Bachelor's + Master's

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kuen
Newly Registered

EEA - PR for student Bachelor's + Master's

Post by kuen » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:20 am

Good morning everyone,

I hope you are well and that you can help me.

My questions concern a EU citizen who has been in this country for more than 5 years as a student - first a Bachelor's degree, then a Master's - and now wants to apply for a document certifying permanent residence.

1) If he is to use that period in order to prove that he has excercised treaty rights, would there be an issue because of the 2 summer months between his Master's and Bachelor's degree when he was effectively not attending university.

2) He never had Comprehensive Sickness Insurance, however he got a registration certificate issued by the Home Office in 2010. I wonder then if the transitional arrangements outlined in this document https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... CTE....pdf
would apply for the whole course of his studies, or just for the period before Augist 2011?

Many thanks for your advice!

Attila7
Newly Registered

Re: EEA - PR for student Bachelor's + Master's

Post by Attila7 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:26 pm

Nope, sorry, you were supposed to have insurance for all 5 years you were a student, you have to start over your qualifing period.

kuen
Newly Registered

Re: EEA - PR for student Bachelor's + Master's

Post by kuen » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:50 am

Thanks for your answer