ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can work pernit holder claim NI contributions on leaving UK?

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pknkmr
Newly Registered

Can work pernit holder claim NI contributions on leaving UK?

Post by pknkmr » Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:45 pm

Hi,
I myself on work permit & stayed in UK for a total of around 2.5 years. My work assignment is complete & I will be going back to my home country India in a month's time. I want to know whether I will loose all the National Insurance contributions I have done so far or is there a way to claim the amount in my NI account, given that I am leaving UK for good?

Somebody please answer?

Thanks.
Kumar

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:09 pm

No you are not eligible for a refund of any NI contributions. There may be a refund due on Income Tax under the PAYE code based on your income vis a vis your departure in the relvant tax year i.e it may or may not be pro-ratad. Type Inland Revenue on any search engine - do some leg work and send me a cut of the rebate :lol: .

Ajay Kumar Singh

Post by Ajay Kumar Singh » Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:54 pm

NI is one way ticket.
Why will they return NI ? It's the money which they use to run this country, and to prvide a wonderful Health Service for which they are proud of, not to mention the trains, tubes... list is long.
:evil: