ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application Refused.. need advice

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

FadiCh
Newly Registered

Application Refused.. need advice

Post by FadiCh » Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:59 pm

Hi,

I applied for HSMP on the 14th of Jan 2008. I am qualified for 80 points. However, my application got refused for two reasons:

- I did not provide a proof for the reason of submitting a notarized photo copy of my passport as a proof of age
- I provided a true photocopy of my degree certificate which have the hologram stamp (3D stamp) of my university and the signature of the registrar

There are some issues related to these two points however. I do not have a driving license to prove my age and my birth certificate (national ID) is in Arabic. I sent the ID to my embassy in London to translate it. However, it got lost in post and I was not given any indication of when I would receive it. I sent an email to the HSMP office enquiring about this and if sending a notarized photocopy of my passport would be sufficient in my case. I did not receive any reply. I called them after that and the gentleman who answered me said that there should be no problem with this. Upon his answer I sent my documents. Note that I received my translated ID one week after I sent my documents.

The other issue is with the certificate. I used my undergraduate certificate as a language assessment proof. My original certificate is lost and could not find it back home. I have a true photocopy of it though stamped by the university's hologram stamp with notes from the registrar indicating that it is a true photocopy. It is signed by the registrar as well. In addition to this the photocopy is authorized by the ministries of exterior affairs and high education in my country. I was told by a consultant that this should be sufficient to send it with my documents. Because of this advice I did not mention that my certificate is lost in my application. I sent the true photocopy, letter from my university saying that I was taught in English, and another letter indicating the course I attended. All of these documents are stamped with the same hologram stamp. In addition to this I sent an original transcript to support my claim. However, my application was refused.

Now I am intending to appeal for the decision on the bases that:

- I was given a false advice regarding the notarized photocopy of my passport (I have the records for the time and date for the phone call I made in case they want to refer to), and
- that the photocopy of my certificate provided is a stamped true photocopy (although I stressed this point in my application) and that the stamp on it is the same as those on the other letters from the university. Note one of the letters I enclosed with my application indicates the course I attended, the qualifications rewarded, and the date I graduated.

I need an advice on this regards:
1) Are my points for the appeal valid?
2) Is it recommended I proceed with the appeal or apply again?
3) If I apply before the 29th of Feb 08 will I be still considered under the old regulations?
4) How can I prove that my certificate is lost?
5) was it wrong to send this hologram-stamped and authorized true photocopy of my certificate?
6) is there any where I can refer to for assistance with my appeal?

I know this a lot to be written here. But I need to clarify things for those who can help to have the overall situation clear.

Thanks in advance

Fadi

SKUK
Member of Standing

Post by SKUK » Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:59 pm

HO doesn't accept photocopies even if it is attested by the highest authority in your country. Try to get a duplicate original from your university.

As for age proof, notarised copies of your passport are accepted only if you are able to prove that you are not able to produce either the BC or DL.

Read this guideline from HSMP:

You should note that unless we are satisfied that the reasons you are unable to provide either your original birth certificate or driving license are compelling then we will not consider the alternative documentation submitted.