ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling to non-EU members home country while in EU

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

natasha1985
Newly Registered

Travelling to non-EU members home country while in EU

Post by natasha1985 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:08 am

Hi

I wonder if anyone could advise me/point me in the right direction.

My husband is a Turkish national, he successfully got his EEA2 card about 2 years ago for living with me here in Belfast. My query is, we are going to Barcelona for my sister's wedding in June this year. Unknowingly, his sister in Turkey has also booked her wedding for 3 days later, typical! So obviously hubby wants to be at her wedding too. Can he travel from Barcelona directly to Turkey using his EEA2 card? I won't be travelling with him. I cannot find information on if this is possible. I'm thinking it may be alright as he's traveling back to his home country so there shouldn't be an issue, but I wouldn't like to find out that he can't when he arrives at the airport! He could fly to Dublin and then onto Turkey, but it would save an awful lot of time, money and hassle if he could do it Spain to Turkey.

Thanks for any advise