ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

permanent residence

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Harribo1000000
Newly Registered

permanent residence

Post by Harribo1000000 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:08 pm

hello

My gf has been living in the UK for 5 years and wants to apply for permanent residence. She has been working for nearly the whole time she has lived in the UK but about 4 years ago she was unemployed for 2.5 months. During this time she did not have a CHI. Does this mean her application would denied? And if so does she need to wait another year until she has been in 5 years continuous employment?

alterhase58
Germany

Re: permanent residence

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:13 pm

2.5 months for job-seeking is quite normal, ideally if she can document that she was a job-seeker (registered at job centre/applications/emails/etc.). CSI is for students and self-sufficient persons. The application therefore would not be refused, according to my knowledge
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Attila7
Newly Registered

Post by Attila7 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:00 am

What if I wasn't registered at the job center while looking for work? Is it mandatory to be registered as a jobseeker at jobcenter when I am unemployed?

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:14 am

Attila7 wrote:Is it mandatory to be registered as a jobseeker at jobcenter when I am unemployed?
No, but you will need proof that you were seeking jobs actively; emails applying for jobs, interview calls, applications rejections, etc.
EEA Nationals: EUN01 wrote:Jobseeker - The EEA national must be able to show evidence that they are seeking employment and have a genuine chance of being engaged, for example, evidence of job interviews, evidence of qualifications, registration with Job Centre / recruitment agencies.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.