ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometric email recieved but no letter.. please help!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mohammedavais
Newly Registered

Biometric email recieved but no letter.. please help!

Post by mohammedavais » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:19 pm

Hi guys,

I applied for my wifes ILR last month, intially the bank stopped the payment so home office sent a letter requesting payment again. I then sent a bankers draft instead and a few days later I recieved an email with the following text:
Following your recent Settlement application you will have received a biometric notification letter with instructions for providing your biometric data (scanned fingerprints and photograph). It informed you that you had 15 working days from the date on that letter to have your biometrics taken.

If you have already provided us with your biometric data for this current application, please ignore this email notification.

If you have not yet provided us with your biometric data, please now take the original letter we sent you with your barcode to a participating Post Office Ltd branch to have your biometrics taken. The addresses of these Post Office Ltd branches can be found at http://www.postoffice.co.uk. You do not need to book an appointment. You can visit a participating Post Office Ltd branch and wait to be served. Please note that there may be a queue for this service.
Now I recieved this email on the 9th of march, its now 19th but I still havent recieved any letter in the post even though the email starts off saying that I should have recieved this letter already! Well I havent recieved anything and there was no information provided on who or how to contact them regarding this.

Is there a certain time limit I should wait for this letter or do I need to contact them somehow?

Thanks for any help!

mohammedavais
Newly Registered

Re: Biometric email recieved but no letter.. please help!

Post by mohammedavais » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:46 am

Anyone? :cry:

Or does anyone know how to contact them directly about this?

Vegeta
India

Post by Vegeta » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:38 am

Email appointmentexceptions@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Put name, date of birth, nationality and case id if you have it. Tell them you haven't received letter and request to send again.

mohammedavais
Newly Registered

Post by mohammedavais » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:18 pm

Thanks Vegeta, i spoke to them over the phone and that is the exact email they gave me, said it would automatically be forwarded to the right department so fingers crossed!