ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Right to stay as a german in uk

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

freeflow
Newly Registered

Right to stay as a german in uk

Post by freeflow » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:40 pm

Hi
I have been living in this country for 35 years and i am married to a British citizen for 26 years, have a son, i have worked for many years, but now i am disabled , a carer and claiming benefits, i have no passport but was issued a residents permit in 1983 (which i can not find at the moment). i am in my mid 50 never left the UK, was convicted once for fighting and defending my self and then caused the police grief by complaining and the home office tried to deport me then, but a ingratiation judge ruled i could not be deported then. my question now is, when the UK leaves the European union can i be deported then or even before then?
Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Right to stay as a german in uk

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:02 pm

You won't get deported just like that, even after day X, and whatever the offence was it will have time-expired by now anyway (Verjaehrung).
First thing you should do is search for your paperwork, did you get unlimited residency at some stage? Could be a letter, stamp in old passport or residence permit (blaue Karte?). You may consider requesting a data search from the UKVI, called SAR (Subject Access Request), to see what they have got on file for you.
If you can't find any such thing then you'll have to apply for the card confirming PR. If you worked for most of your time here shouldn't be a problem, it's just a hassle.
Ask questions here if you need further info - check out gov.uk for all the official details.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

freeflow
Newly Registered

Post by freeflow » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:11 pm

Thanks for the reply
Yes it was the residence permit (blaue Karte). Would that still be valid, can it be revoked and when i do the search Should it show after all these years on their record(before computers in 1983)

Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:29 pm

You should have qualified for permanent residence after all these years, and you can probably prove employment over many years, i.e. being a qualified person (QP).
Not sure whether the RC card has an expiry date, however, it's just a card, it confirms your status. The Home Office highly likely won't have records going back that far, but an SAR can still be applied for by anyone.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.