ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My HSMP Application is refused...what do I do now?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

London1
Newly Registered

My HSMP Application is refused...what do I do now?

Post by London1 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:35 am

Hello everyone,

I live in london for 3 years and 7 months. In Jan 30 my student visa expired. First week in Jan, I applied to HSMP -under28. I recently received a letter from home office, stating my application is refused. I could only score 30 points ---25 points from MBA Diploma and 5 points for being under 28. No points awarded for work experience (Reason: this job does not require a UK first degree).
As my Passport is still kept in HO, I dont know what the situation will be.

Will they send my passport back to me?and ask me to leave?
Will they deport me out of the country?
What are your recommendations... should I phone them to ask them to send my passport back? Or wait...
Should I send all documents for reconsideration of my appeal as i wont lose anything doing this?

Thanks everyone

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:44 am

Why did you submit your passport along with your HSMP application? It is not required for you to submit your passport along with your HSMP application.

London1
Newly Registered

Post by London1 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:48 am

You can submit both, one goes to HSMP in Doncaster with HSMP--under28 with all your documents such as diploma, work experience etc...,
the other goes to Work Permits with your passport and FLR (IED) Form.
Bcoz my visa was ending in 3 weeks time, I had to send them both...

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:53 am

It is not clear from your previous post that you applied for HSMP and FLR at the same time.

You could email the Incountry team, or fax them with your details and let them know you want to withdraw the application. (Unless you want to appeal the HSMP decision). Since your visa has already expired you have 28 days to exit the country.

London1
Newly Registered

Post by London1 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 1:05 am

I sent my HSMP on 4th with next day delivery (to be there on the 5th Jan). I sent my Passport on the 10th with next day delivery again ( to be there on the 11th)...

I received a ref letter from HSMP team, it says:
We have received your application on:05 Jan 05
We are currently working on applications received on 07 June 04

Then I have received this refusal letter dated on:13 January 2005
But I received the letter 2-3 days later... I think it has been 25-26 days.

How can I leave the country without my passport? That is the question... I am still waiting. Will they send my passport to my address and attach a letter stating I have to leave the country in 28 days or I will be waiting?

desiguy

Post by desiguy » Tue Feb 08, 2005 1:27 am

Buddy, i still don't understand why u needed to send ur passport. it may be my ignorance abt the laws or ur specific case. Also, why were u waiting for so long to ask questions?

but anyways, done is done. At this point, make some calls, send emails, keep copies for records - basically try whatever to get ur passport back.

Maybe, u shud file for reconsideration (even though u know u will be rejected). At least u can make the clock ticking. i.e. buy more time to leave country and still be legal.

also, if i were u, i wud consult a lawyer to provide correct legal advice. if u DO NOT leave the country per rules, u may hamper your chances of re-entering in future.

i am not trying to scare u, but it has happened to someone i know in the US. Again, different country, different rules. So not trying to scare u but please take this matter very seriously for your own sake.

Guys, Please try to help him with ur advice/opinions or reference to legal advice ASAP.

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:48 am

looks like they are now processing Januaury applications as well. what JUNE 04 :x

London1
Newly Registered

Post by London1 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:27 pm

to desiguy,
Buddy, i still don't understand why u needed to send ur passport. it may be my ignorance abt the laws or ur specific case. Also, why were u waiting for so long to ask questions?

I explained in my first letter, my visa was finishing on 30th JAN. When I sent my passport in 10th Jan, there was only 20 days left to expire date.
What should i have done? Send my HSMP application to Doncaster and wait until my visa is finished? I would be in illegal status after 30th Jan.

I have a refusal letter but no passport, quite confusing. what do you think? How am gonna leave without passport?

London1
Newly Registered

Moderators, Please... some advice needed!!!!!!

Post by London1 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 5:45 pm

To Moderators:

Kayalami, Joseph, Cosmopol, Ajay Kumar Singh, Chess, mwazir

Please... some advice needed!!!!

Thanks

Chess
Diamond Member

Re: Moderators, Please... some advice needed!!!!!!

Post by Chess » Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:00 pm

London1 wrote:To Moderators:

Kayalami, Joseph, Cosmopol, Ajay Kumar Singh, Chess, mwazir

Please... some advice needed!!!!

Thanks

If you have sufficient evidence, and you think that HO made a mistake then you can appeal.

On the other hand - if unfortunately you cant/wont appeal, then its best to Contact HO and let them know that you would like to get your passport and travel home.

Dont wait for them to look for you - as they will mess up your passport and immigration history.

Sorry mate

BTW, you could change status to Student again if you have an offer or a place :wink: (but you gotta cat fast - and there is no guarrante that it would work)
Where there is a will there is a way.