ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) Processing Time Help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

courtz4444
Newly Registered

FLR(M) Processing Time Help

Post by courtz4444 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:48 pm

HI,
I am currently working full time on a Tier 5 Youth Mobility Visa & have been in the UK since 06/06/2015

I applied for my FLR (M) spouse visa online on 17/02/2017. Posted my documents on 18/02/2017 tracked, which showed them as being received on 20/02/2017.

Its now 20/03/2017 & i haven't heard anything back, I have not received any letters or my BRP.
I am concerned that they haven't received my application correctly.

Is there anyway i can check?

I'm due to go on holiday on 04/04/2017 & again on 21/04/2017 but I'm concerned i wont receive my passport back in time.

Any ideas on how long it may take? or anything i can do to inquire about it?

Any help is greatly appreciated, Thank you :)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR(M) Processing Time Help

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:53 pm

FLR(M) postal applications can take a few weeks or a few months, it varies. If you had booked holiday plans, it might have been worthwhile to apply in person for a same day decision.

If you have not submitted your biometric enrollment yet, it might take longer than you have till your holiday.

HO unlikely to give you an update at this time and will respond with 'it is in process'.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

courtz4444
Newly Registered

Help with lost Post for FLR (M)

Post by courtz4444 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:52 pm

Hi,
I applied for my FLR (M) visa on 17/02/2017 (switching from Tier 5 Youth Mobility)
Documents were posted on 18/02/17 & received at home office 20/02/17

I tried calling them on the 21/03/17.
The told me my application had been received & my documents were received 20/02/17
I tried to find out current processing times, but the lady wouldn't tell me anything.

I then called again on 27/03/17 & spoke to a guy, who told me a letter & my BRP paperwork was sent out to me on 22/02/17 & that i hadn't lodged my BRP in time.
I told him i never received anything, as i have been checking the post everyday for 5 weeks!

He advised me to email - appointmentexceptions@GSI.GOV.UK
I emailed them yesterday 27/03/2017 with all my details. I am yet to hear anything, but realize it has only been 1 day.

My question is -

Has anyone ever had this happen?
How long will it take for the 'appointment exceptions' to respond?
How long am i expected to wait for my new BRP letter to be sent out?
Is there a phone number I can call to follow it up?

Any help is appreciated!!

Thank you

vinny

Re: FLR(M) Processing Time Help

Post by vinny » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:21 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.