ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for PR as married to English person

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

KrissiA
Newly Registered

Applying for PR as married to English person

Post by KrissiA » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:58 pm

Hi all,
I have question regarding PR. I'm of a polish nationality and married to an English man and we have child together (I have 2 children of my own from previous relationship but not marriage both children were born in UK) I have been in UK since 1995 went to school, college and then studied at the University which I got BA degree as a result, worked here etc. literally contributed to the society and I would like to know what are my chances of getting permanent residency especially with Brexit coming into affect in 2 yrs? Can the government ask me to leave and split my family apart? Do I actually need the Permament Residency if I don't want to? As to me it is so much hassle. I have never applied for PR or citizenship before as I didn't need it.
Any help is much appreciated, especially from people with similar experience.

MrSlyFox

Re: Applying for PR as married to English person

Post by MrSlyFox » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:48 pm

What status did you have prior to beocming an EU national (i.e. 1995 to Polands accesion to the EU).
Were you granted ILR? check your old passports

KrissiA
Newly Registered

Re: Applying for PR as married to English person

Post by KrissiA » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:33 pm

MrSlyFox wrote:What status did you have prior to beocming an EU national (i.e. 1995 to Polands accesion to the EU).
Were you granted ILR? check your old passports
I came to UK with my dad who had work permit visa I therefore had to go to school as at that time I was 16. Later when I become 18 I had status granted to stay then in 2004 I got WRC under the Worker Registration Scheme.
Many thanks.