ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General Extension approved

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

uk121
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General Extension approved

Post by uk121 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:12 pm

Hi All,

I applied for T2G extension under premium service and it was approved successfully today.

I was very worried after reading many topics on T2G extensions being rejected/put on hold for various reasons. Hope the below message helps someone...

1. Wrote the Job roles & resp clearly in the COS (i specifically shared this with my HR), usually it the same thing they try to copy and past it from your previous COS. Though i read in many forums that the case officer requested the employer to provide more details on JD/roles&resp, I thought it would be good to keep it crisp & crystal clear. I am an application engineer, hence included the coding language, etc & added all my job duties appropriately (till the space ran out in the section). Do not write vague JD's.

2. Another thing i read about the P60/salary slips being requested, hence i submitted all the originals - P60 of last 2 years / 3 months salary slip and 3 months bank statement (this is not to prove the maintenance, but to show the salary deposit). You are welcome to submit the above supporting documents, but they generally ask only the mandatory documents, which is brp/passport/photos.

3. Make sure your salary / working hours is accurate in COS and it matches the requirement.

-received the approval within 1.5hrs, thanks to all the people who shared their previous experience, indeed it helped me.

tnila
India

Re: Tier 2 General Extension approved

Post by tnila » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:42 am

Congratulations.

I will be making my application soon, is that the note section in CoS you used to add extra information? will it be of any good if I ask the employer to provider separate letter with an explanation about my job, roles, duties and about the company?

uk121
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 General Extension approved

Post by uk121 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:19 am

Thanks
1. I meant the section 'Summary of job description' in COS. You can write upto ~20 lines aprox, utilize all it can take
2. There is nothing wrong in requesting the employer to provide you a supporting letter, but just be cautious on what you write there (too much of information is also not good :wink: )