ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration Mexico to UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zorz
Newly Registered

Immigration Mexico to UK

Post by zorz » Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:23 am

I am looking for members who have (or know of someone who has) successfully emigrated from Mexico to UK. I am not sure where to start and the requirements for the immigrant.

Any help (advice, warnings, links etc.) would be greatly appreciated as whilst there is a wealth of information, there is no step-by-step guide.

Thanking you all in advance.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:30 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

try-one
Member of Standing

Post by try-one » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:42 am

zorz,
From mexico or any other non commonwealth country is the same...
If you don't have a parent or grandparent who is british or if you don't have another nationality apart of Mexican, you have to apply for a work related visa:
If you have a lot of money available, then try investor or entrepreneur....
If you don't have that money, then you should seek to migrate under one of the "tier categories". that information is on the sites recommended and on this workpermit.com site.
In any case, there are legal options available, they need preparation, however they are possible in most cases, do your homework, plan and be patient. (try other countries as well; read about the future of the UK economy compared with other countries and then make a desicion)
-------------------------
Life is a journey, not a destination (S. Tyler)

zorz
Newly Registered

Post by zorz » Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:10 am

Thank you for the information. It has been very useful.

However, let me explain my circumstances in a bit more detail. I am a British citizen who is marrying a Mexican national. We are planning to move and work permanently to the UK but we are unsure as to where to start and what steps to take. We do not have a lot of money and cannot afford to hire anyone so, in short, we are looking for another member (or members) who have done something similar to point us in the right direction.

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:22 am

zorz wrote:Thank you for the information. It has been very useful.

However, let me explain my circumstances in a bit more detail. I am a British citizen who is marrying a Mexican national. We are planning to move and work permanently to the UK but we are unsure as to where to start and what steps to take.
Start at http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk

How long have you been in Mexico and do you plan to get Mexican citizenship before you leave?