ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can PAYE RTI be ammended?

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

9elizabeth
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Can PAYE RTI be ammended?

Post by 9elizabeth » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:27 pm

Hello all,
Just a question:
Can PAYE RTI be amended already submitted in past?

The reason of asking is:
I miscalculated the hours of one of the employee (10 hours short) for the month of December 2016. Its only that I noticed the issue.

Can I go back and amend the Dec. 2016 PAYE RTI and increase the 10 hours and pay the employee cash.
Its important to do that in the month of December 2016 itself. I know I can increase his hours this month (March 2017 and pay him extra -but I donot want to do that for two reason- first I would like to keep the record as straight as possible and second- it avoids the shortfall of 10 hours employed hours to home office.

Any comments are appreciated.

tier1in2014
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Re: Can PAYE RTI be ammended?

Post by tier1in2014 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:51 pm

Your Accountant will be the best person to answer this .
I am not perfect But I guess no one is ever perfect . We all make mistakes and learn from them. Never give up keep trying until you succeed.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:35 pm

Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

shaz2017
inactive

Post by shaz2017 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:14 pm

I understand that HO required only FPS as proof of 2 full time job creation including employees start dats and leaving date and this must reflect in the monthly FPS's. My question is, do we need to submit any additional document from HMRC confirming that what we have provided is correct and can be seen the same in the HMRC record. As we all know that FPS can be produced by any payroll software, but how we prove that this evidence is genuine? I spoke to HMRC about this so they can confirm the start date and the leaving date in their system is correct but no joy.

Please advise

jafersadeq
United Kingdom

Post by jafersadeq » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:22 pm

shaz2017 wrote:I understand that HO required only FPS as proof of 2 full time job creation including employees start dats and leaving date and this must reflect in the monthly FPS's. My question is, do we need to submit any additional document from HMRC confirming that what we have provided is correct and can be seen the same in the HMRC record. As we all know that FPS can be produced by any payroll software, but how we prove that this evidence is genuine? I spoke to HMRC about this so they can confirm the start date and the leaving date in their system is correct but no joy.

Please advise
Monthly FPS shows: Employee name, gross income, net income, NI paid, tax paid
HO counts the total NI, tax paid to HMRC from your FPS report, they ask HMRC how much you paid them, if the numbers same, it is ok, if not...a problem
HMRC receives FPS every month, so you know how much you paid them, and HO can know via calling HMRC.
FPS is not an official document needs investigation, it is a report shows above details, it does not contain a reference to be genuine or not, it just shows numbers paid to HMRC.

shaz2017
inactive

Post by shaz2017 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:42 pm

Appreciate your prompt response and I am agreed with your comments. FPS what our payroll produce is not an official document that proves we paid all the payments towards PAYE. However, I have checked with HMRC today and they confirmed that all the payments are spot on for three years and I hope there will be no issues, finger crossed.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:39 pm

shaz2017 wrote:I understand that HO required only FPS as proof of 2 full time job creation including employees start dats and leaving date and this must reflect in the monthly FPS's. My question is, do we need to submit any additional document from HMRC confirming that what we have provided is correct and can be seen the same in the HMRC record. As we all know that FPS can be produced by any payroll software, but how we prove that this evidence is genuine? I spoke to HMRC about this so they can confirm the start date and the leaving date in their system is correct but no joy.

Please advise
Your question has nothing to do with the OP's question. Why are you tagging a completely irrelevant query to this topic ??!! :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice