ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(hsmp) January 08 Applicants - Post your timelines here!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:23 pm

herts wrote:The post office opens at 7am, I shall give a try going there and asking if I can collect it.
Hi Hertz. Also I am not sure from which delivery office it will be dispatched.

We can goto the nearest delivery office. But it is not necessary that it will dispatched from there. Anyway lets try in nearest delivery office tomorrow

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:44 am

Hi Hertz.
I went to royal mail delivery office to collect it. But they told they have to make atleast one attempt to deliver before they can give it to anybody.

Hence I can know the result only by tomorrow since I wont be there in house to receive the delivery today

SKUK
Member of Standing

Post by SKUK » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:10 am

Hari,

They drop a "Sorry you were out" card. There will be a phone number to call on the back of the card. Call this number and tell them that you will pick up the letter in person. You can then go pick it up from the delivery office. You have to take this card along with a proof of identity and address with you

brijkalani
Newly Registered

Post by brijkalani » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:27 pm

Hi all members,
Had been reading these thread since january as i was to apply in feb. I have sent FLR(HSMP) last week claiming total of 85 points. Just realized something and wanted to make sure whether it would create any problems..

1) English requirement- I have submitted IELTS 6.5 bands test results dated jun2004. I read somewhere that for hsmp extension they do accept IELTS score older than 2 years... is that right??

2) Salary - I was missing 2 salary slips of my duration claimed. So I have attached bank statements (all 12 months with highlighted salary)+ employer letter(company headed+signed). Now I just found that the employer letter just says

" xyz has been employed since Aug2006
He is on permanent contract
salary is XXXXX plus bonuses"

The caseworker handbook says 'The letter should be on company letter headed paper clearly stating what the applicant earned during the appropriate period.'

This worries me cos my employer hasn't written 'annual' . Do you think any of these would create a problem ??

Any help or comments appreciated.

Thanks

herts
Member of Standing

Post by herts » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:00 pm

Hi friends,
I received my hsmp extension today. I went in the morning to the post office and straightaway collected it from there. They never asked me any identification as well. Anyway a big relief now.

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:10 pm

herts wrote:Hi friends,
I received my hsmp extension today. I went in the morning to the post office and straightaway collected it from there. They never asked me any identification as well. Anyway a big relief now.
Hearty Congrats Hertz and wish you all the best for future.

Tomorrow I will update my status

herts
Member of Standing

Post by herts » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:55 pm

Thanks Hari. Let us know about your result tomoro

indianadr
United Kingdom

Post by indianadr » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:52 pm

herts wrote:Hi friends,
Dear Friends,

I had been 'silent' reader of this forum and esp. this thread.

Wish to share my joy that my FLR HSMP approved and got my passports stamped till Mar 2012.

Brief History:
I am in 1+3+? group with 4th year completing by Feb 09. After reading several posts, I decided to send my FLR apps well before expiry. I sent an email to HO with this respect and they replied that I can apply anytime provided I can prove that my previous earnings are sufficient.

So, I sent my application on 24th Jan 2008. Recd. by HO on 25th. CCard deducted: 28th. Letter with HSMP ref. no: 31st. Today received stamped passports along with all supporting docs.

Please note this is my first post, so no flames please.

Hope this helps

Thanks
Indianadr

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:12 am

My HSMP Extension got approved.

and got Leave till 2011 November

I really really like to thank this forum, particularly kck9 & Hertz. Because if I haven't seen them I wouldnt have applied for extension now.

As all knows my present HSMP expires only at 2008 November and I was qualifying for extension now.

I was deeply worried about extension due to change in HSMP rules which is coming shortly and other job related uncertainities and my marriage and other things.

After reading the forum I learnt that applying early for extension is completly within the rules. Mr. Hertz encoraged me to apply early, if he remembers.

I immedietly started to read the whole caseworker guidance manual each document line by line and learnt that an application cannot be refused based on early application, also I learnt that it is just a recommendation and not rule.

Lastly I confirmed this by sending an email to homeoffice and I have got a reply that early applications will be considered.

Then stating few genuine reasons like my marriage I applied for extension in January 08 though my Visa is expiring only on Nov 08. I havent provided any evidence to support my early application. I just stated the reason.

My other documents for 85 points and english were crisp & clear

I was ready to take the circumstance of Getting leave from Jan 08 to 3 years since I just need 1.5 years more to ILR.

But all went fine, I got leave from Nov 08 to 2011 Nov now

Many thanks for this forum and people who motivated me for early application.

Early application relieves us from 2 major things
1. Protect us from future uncertainities in Rule changes and Job
2. And Big relief emotionally and gives us a feel of security

But please note. You should be ready to take the situation of granting leave from the date of application rather than date of expiry, though its hapenning is very unlikely

Cheers and all the best to all

herts
Member of Standing

Post by herts » Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:46 pm

Hi Hari,
Congrats on your extension.

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:28 pm

Hi HAri,

Pl. check your PM, even i am planning to apply for FLR now instead of Nov 08...
Thanks
Ashish

ishaanchandra
Newly Registered

Post by ishaanchandra » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:47 am

Congratulations on ur extension Hari.......

ishaanchandra
Newly Registered

Post by ishaanchandra » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:50 am

23rd applications are under consideration from this morning.... recorded message

brijkalani
Newly Registered

Post by brijkalani » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:26 pm

i heard 29th!!!! surprising..

ishaanchandra wrote:23rd applications are under consideration from this morning.... recorded message

anjali_devi

29th

Post by anjali_devi » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:56 pm

I too heard 29th...

ishaanchandra
Newly Registered

Post by ishaanchandra » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:09 am

my situation has become a nail biting situation....... my existing visa is expiring end of this month and still awaiting my HSMP initial approval... HO call centre ppl says the same old rules, cant give out any updates on the application....

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:26 am

ishaanchandra wrote:my situation has become a nail biting situation....... my existing visa is expiring end of this month and still awaiting my HSMP initial approval... HO call centre ppl says the same old rules, cant give out any updates on the application....
Just wait for few more days.

If your Initial approval is not available in your hand atleast 2 days before your current Visa expiry then you can and must submit InTime FLR application referring to that HSMP reference number.

Once when your HSMP is approved , FLR will get automatically approved. In worst case if HSMP is rejected FLR also will be rejected and should loose both the fees

But it is highly important that you need to submit FLR before your current Visa expiry. Dont delay by even 1 day

otherwise may need to quit and reapply for EC from your home country on getting HSMP approval

I am saying this based on the assumption that currently you are in Workpermit / WHM / IGS / Student Visa

If you are in workpermit this InTime application highly important otherwise you may loose this workpermit period to count for your ILR clock if you apply for EC again from homecountry

ishaanchandra
Newly Registered

Post by ishaanchandra » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:25 am

hari15 wrote: Just wait for few more days.
If your Initial approval is not available in your hand atleast 2 days before your current Visa expiry then you can and must submit InTime FLR application referring to that HSMP reference number.
Once when your HSMP is approved , FLR will get automatically approved. In worst case if HSMP is rejected FLR also will be rejected and should loose both the fees
But it is highly important that you need to submit FLR before your current Visa expiry. Dont delay by even 1 day
otherwise may need to quit and reapply for EC from your home country on getting HSMP approval
I am saying this based on the assumption that currently you are in Workpermit / WHM / IGS / Student Visa
If you are in workpermit this InTime application highly important otherwise you may loose this workpermit period to count for your ILR clock if you apply for EC again from homecountry
Am on a student visa at the moment, recently finished PG, and eligible to apply for IGS (1yr only), and if in case if I dont hear anything from the HO on or before the 28th, am hoping to go in person to the croydon HO and apply for a IGS....
if thats the case its a situation of me loosing 1000pounds atleast...

I hate the B******D who did my application and who cheated me around..

ishaanchandra
Newly Registered

Post by ishaanchandra » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:25 am

anywayz thanks for ur concern hari

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:01 pm

ishaanchandra wrote:
hari15 wrote: Just wait for few more days.
Am on a student visa at the moment, recently finished PG, and eligible to apply for IGS (1yr only), and if in case if I dont hear anything from the HO on or before the 28th, am hoping to go in person to the croydon HO and apply for a IGS....
if thats the case its a situation of me loosing 1000pounds atleast...

I hate the B******D who did my application and who cheated me around..
Usually for students they use to follow very strict procedures while veryfying documentss for earning. Since you are actually showing the earning proof earned before you became student .Since many people shows the wrong proofs it has became difficult even for genuine applicants from students.

Hence prepare for the worst, apply for IGS work here for 1 year then you can get HSMP easily

Or if you are very confident of gettings HSMP now then once your Visa is over you can goto your homecountry and wait till HSMp is approved and can apply EC from your home country. Since you are not in WP, applying fresh EC wont give you any loss

But check whether can you apply for IGS after you went back to homecountry . I dont know about that

ishaanchandra
Newly Registered

Post by ishaanchandra » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:30 pm

hari15 wrote: Usually for students they use to follow very strict procedures while veryfying documentss for earning. Since you are actually showing the earning proof earned before you became student .Since many people shows the wrong proofs it has became difficult even for genuine applicants from students.
Hence prepare for the worst, apply for IGS work here for 1 year then you can get HSMP easily
Or if you are very confident of gettings HSMP now then once your Visa is over you can goto your homecountry and wait till HSMp is approved and can apply EC from your home country. Since you are not in WP, applying fresh EC wont give you any loss
But check whether can you apply for IGS after you went back to homecountry . I dont know about that
been in touch with my ex-employer, no reference call been made by the HO so far, and I was been told that I hv to earn around 28,000 + / yr if I wish to get changed from IGS to HSMP (as per today's rules) which am not sure of, coz was been told by sum 1 else.... so in a confused situation at the moment still........

ishaanchandra
Newly Registered

Post by ishaanchandra » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:38 pm

reason being, if I dont get a job say in the next 3 months, and If I dont make enough gross/net over the financial yr 2008-09, it might cause a problem in the future to apply for a fresh HSMP......... snt it?