ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying For Council House - Limited Leave to Remain

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rimshakhan
Newly Registered

Applying For Council House - Limited Leave to Remain

Post by rimshakhan » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:25 pm

Hi Everyone

i am new user, i want to apply for council house, i am currently home less , my spouse left me and i am currently residing my friend house.

i have one baby girl with me, she is 3 year old and British national, her father is also British National.

i have applied for my visa extension as well which is pending

Please guide me that is the best option to apply for council house ?

Thank you

Rimsha

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Applying For Council House - Limited Leave to Remain

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:26 am

What visa did you have and what visa have you applied for?

Does your visa state 'no public funds'??

Council housing in in very short supply and there are very long waiting lists, so don't expect any miracles IF you qualify (which I don't believe you do)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ROMARIC
Newly Registered

Re: Applying For Council House - Limited Leave to Remain

Post by ROMARIC » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:43 pm

In your case you could have access to housing benefit. They would consider the welfare of your child and because of your child citizenship, you would be granted a stay in the country. Do not let fear get to you. You have the right to. As I supposed if his or her father is British, you should be granted leave to remain.