ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Online application form queries.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MK752
Newly Registered

FLR(M) online form

Post by MK752 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:57 pm

Hi,

Can I fill out the online form instead of sending the form by post in for my Spouse Visa extension?

I was filling out the paper form but noticed just now that there is an online form option as well. I noticed nobody in this forum has talked about sending an online form so I just wanted to be sure if its alright for me to do the online form instead?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR(M) online form

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:05 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MK752
Newly Registered

Online application form queries.

Post by MK752 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:03 pm

Hi

1. There is a question in the online application form asking "Have you been out of the UK since you started living here?" Does this include short trips of 2-3 weeks max also?

2. "Have you previously lived in a country outside the UK?" I have lived in various countries growing up. Do I need to mention all or just the countried I lived in the past 10 years before moving to the UK?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Online application form queries.

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:14 pm

You can keep ALL your questions in a single topic (this one merged with the other one).
1. There is a question in the online application form asking "Have you been out of the UK since you started living here?" Does this include short trips of 2-3 weeks max also?
The question is fairly clear is it not? It asks have you been out of the UK, which clearly means an absence of any sort.
2. "Have you previously lived in a country outside the UK?" I have lived in various countries growing up. Do I need to mention all or just the countried I lived in the past 10 years before moving to the UK?
Past 10 years should be fine if the list is that long.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MK752
Newly Registered

Post by MK752 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:35 pm

Thanks for your response.

It is quite clear, however, I was confused because the questions are different and more extensive than the ones on the print-out/paper form.

There is no question asking about whether I left the UK for short trips in the print-out form unless it was more than a 6 months, which is why I was confused and wanted to confirm with you.

Is there a reason why the questions on the online form are different?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:38 pm

There are no absence limits for a spouse visa, which is why you are not required to list every single absence in an 'absence section'.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

MK752
Newly Registered

Post by MK752 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:18 pm

Hi I have a few question, would be grateful if someone could respond.

1. I understand that I need to apply for Spouse Visa extension within 28 days of completing my qualifying period - is "qualifying period" 28 days before my visa expiration date or before the date I first entered the UK?

2. I am going to send in my online application before the end of this week. I wanted to know by when I can send the required documents? I believe I read somewhere that I can send them within 15 days of submitting my online application? Do I need to send my documents before my visa expiration date also or can I submit my online application before the expiration date and it would be okay to send the documents a week later (after the expiration date).

Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:58 pm

1. I understand that I need to apply for Spouse Visa extension within 28 days of completing my qualifying period - is "qualifying period" 28 days before my visa expiration date or before the date I first entered the UK?
Counted from date of ENTRY to the UK. But you must apply before your current visa expires.
2. I am going to send in my online application before the end of this week. I wanted to know by when I can send the required documents? I believe I read somewhere that I can send them within 15 days of submitting my online application? Do I need to send my documents before my visa expiration date also or can I submit my online application before the expiration date and it would be okay to send the documents a week later (after the expiration date).

The online process will tell you what to do.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

MK752
Newly Registered

Post by MK752 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:47 pm

Thank you for all your help.

sorry I have one last question (I hope).

On the online form, when asked about whether I have a degree taught in English I selected Yes and chose country as UK. I have a MSc degree from the UK.
I then selected "Degree Certificate" for the Question - What will you use to prove your degree taught in English?

However, in the Documents section, I am required to select both "The degree certificate to prove the level of english required" and "UK NARIC letter and/or certificate is enclosed"

When I don't click on the UK NARIC option it won't let me move forward with the application.

Can I just select it and move on since I will be submitting my MSc degree certificate?

Sorry to keep pestering you with questions.

Thanks.