ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Previous Earnings - Additional Income from Consultancy work

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

reachme20081
Newly Registered

Previous Earnings - Additional Income from Consultancy work

Post by reachme20081 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:47 pm

Hi

I am a permanent employee of a company. Can I show income earned through additional consultancy work in addition of my permanent salary to boost my previous earnings and take the total beyond threshold value of 40K. The money earned through consultancy work is supported by appropriate wage slips from that company and also bank statements.

A quick reply will be much appreciated.

Many Regards

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:01 pm

As long as the work was legal and the necessary tax was paid, then yes.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

reachme20081
Newly Registered

Post by reachme20081 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:08 pm

Hi

If consultancy was done for a company of some other country than UK where there is no tax system, like middle east (and hence tax is not deducted at source) then do I still need to pay tax in UK as the money has been paid in GBP into my UK account.

Many Thanks