ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cooling off period calculation

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vvj
Newly Registered

Cooling off period calculation

Post by vvj » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:51 am

Hello All,

Sorry if it is a repeat question.
I have a query on how cooling off period will be calculated.

I am on Tier 2 ICT visa, with validity till Feb 2018.
I am switching into PBS Dependant visa (in country), say w.e.f 30 March 2017 based on my partner's T2G visa. I am not planning to travel outside the country in the next one year.

Will my T2 ICT cease to exist when I get PBS Dependant visa approved ?
When will my cooling off period end, and the earliest I will be eligible to apply for entry clearance in T2G or T2 ICT again ? Can I make the application from 31 March 2018 onwards ?
Can the CoS for the same be generated by an employer before that date, while I am still in the cooling off period for T2 and in the country on PBS Dependant ?

Thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Cooling off period calculation

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:59 am

Will my T2 ICT cease to exist when I get PBS Dependant visa approved ?
Yes. You cannot hold two UK visas simultaneously. You will also have to inform your employer about your new visa status.
When will my cooling off period end, and the earliest I will be eligible to apply for entry clearance in T2G or T2 ICT again ? Can I make the application from 31 March 2018 onwards ?
From the date your dependent visa is granted. If you apply on 30th March and it is granted, that is when the clock starts. You will apply for Tier 2 General. You cannot apply for Tier 2 ICT if you have not been working for the employer overseas for the preceeding 12 months.
Can the CoS for the same be generated by an employer before that date, while I am still in the cooling off period for T2 and in the country on PBS Dependant ?
Yes, provided ALL the proper RLMT processes have been completed. If you are continuing with the same employer (ICT, dependent and Tier 2 G), expect HO to really scrutinise the application due to you possibly being 'pre-selected'.

Why are you applying for dependent visa when you have just extended your ICT visa in January?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vvj
Newly Registered

Re: Cooling off period calculation

Post by vvj » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:16 pm

Thanks very much for your response CR001.
My current role is ending in a couple of months, sooner than expected and hence I am considering switching in country.

Many Thanks