ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My EEA wife Got Registration Certificate instead of PR

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Arusud
Newly Registered

My EEA wife Got Registration Certificate instead of PR

Post by Arusud » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:07 pm

Hi Everyone,
I have applied for PR as a main applicant and added in the application my wife and my 3 old son. However, received the documents from home Office I got the PR but My EEA son and wife got Registration Certificate instead of PR. Case worker stated that they been unable to establish that the relationship between myself and my wife has existed for continuous period of five year. I believe that case worker did not bother to look proper in all the supporting documents which clearly could see that myself and my fife lived at the same address for the all 5 years.
Please help what is best for me to do now ?
Do I need to ask for reconsideration and send again all the supported documents?
Or will be easier for my wife to make new application for PR using me as her sponsor ?

Thanks

Wise
BANNED
Germany

Re: My EEA wife Got Registration Certificate instead of PR

Post by Wise » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:29 pm

What you need to do is to write a letter to the caseworker and send everything to his/her desk within weeks you may receive call of correction or they will just amend as necessary. But make sure you direct it to him/her and send every thing in special delivery with a return paid royal mail bag.
It is really good to help and everyone deserve to be respected in life. Good luck.

Arusud
Newly Registered

Post by Arusud » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:36 am

Hi again ,

Thanks for your quick reply. Just few more questions to clarify.
Do I have to send again all supported documents, like all documents I have send them with my original application and a cover letter asking them to reconsider ?
Or just a letter will be enough with the proof that myself and my wife beenbeen together for the last 5 years?

Thank you

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:46 am

Arusud wrote:Case worker stated that they been unable to establish that the relationship between myself and my wife has existed for continuous period of five year. I believe that case worker did not bother to look proper in all the supporting documents which clearly could see that myself and my fife lived at the same address for the all 5 years.
If you believe that, then you may as well send (copies of?) supporting documents again.

Have they given your wife a right of appeal? For an appeal, I think copies of supporting documents are required at this stage.

Your son may not qualify for PR because he's only 3 and PR requires 5 years.

If he was born in the UK, then he's entitled to register.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Arusud
Newly Registered

Post by Arusud » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:02 am

Hi there

Thanks for a quick reply. What case worker stated in his letter was that if we are in position to provide information to support an application for a document certifying permanent residence it is open to me to submit further application but the application for PR may be refused with right to appeal.. Regarding my son I not bothered . I more for my wife to get PR as well

Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:07 am

Has your wife applied for a 5-year residence card before? Or did she apply directly for confirmation of PR?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

Arusud
Newly Registered

Post by Arusud » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:48 am

Hi,
No, thats our first aplication sience living in Uk.I have applyed for RP as main applicant. My wife will not qualify on her own becouse she did not ? Exercise treaty rights for continuous of 5 years . We lived together in uk science Feb 2012 .We have letters on the same address science 2012 but they not on join names .Letters with joint names we started to have from 2014. Now I not sure if they will consider as been together just living at the same address. Should I send them same pictures as well? would picture will be taken in consideration?

Best regards

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:12 am

Residence documents are not a compulsory requirement.

I'm assuming that she is an EEA national and she initially entered the UK with you?

Arusud
Newly Registered

Post by Arusud » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:44 am

hi
She is EEA national. Case worker stated in his letter because he unable to establish that the relationship between myself and my wife has existed for continuous period of five year and normally this application will be refused but because she qualify as direct family they issued her registration certificate .

Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:58 am

Write a letter to the caseworker. Enclose copies of previously submitted documents and include more if you have any.

If this fails, then reapply and, if necessary, appeal, as caseworker suggested.

Arusud
Newly Registered

Post by Arusud » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:14 am

Thanks for the advice.

Should I enclose same photos as supporting documents ,will photos will be considered as proof of relationship?

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:17 am

If the photos are date stamped, then they may help.

Arusud
Newly Registered

Post by Arusud » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:53 am

Thanks alot for you help.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:29 pm

Arusud wrote:We lived together in uk science Feb 2012 .We have letters on the same address science 2012 but they not on join names .Letters with joint names we started to have from 2014. Now I not sure if they will consider as been together just living at the same address.
Letters do not have to be in joint names. As an example, the level of 2-year (cohabitation) residence evidence they are requesting for SET(M) applicants are on the said form (Section 12, note 8 ). They should accept something similar, but perhaps relatively more documents, for a 5 year period.

Anything you/she may supply should help.