ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PR 5 + 1.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mce82
Newly Registered

PR 5 + 1.

Post by mce82 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:05 pm

Hello,

I am a little puzzled to what is needed for AN application.

Quick history:

Nationality: EU
Language criteria met: Uni degree.
Life in the UK: Passed
Full time Employment history since 2010

(Settled here since 2005; Student & Self-employed at time but lets discount these two options).

PR certificate obtained: November 2016.

Clearly I've exercising treaty rights for a while, certainly more than 6 years required for application purpose. I understand after 5 years, as an EU citizen I automatically became permanent resident (there was no disqualifying criteria at any point).

Does this mean I can apply for my citizenship, say May 2017, OR do I have to wait till November 2017, at which point I would of been in possession of the confirmed PR (the blue book) for over a year?

The Nationality checking service (before I booked appointment) suggested that I should be in possession of PR and the blue book for at least a year before submitting my application. They provided me with home office number to double check. The agent who answered my call suggested the same. However, she also suggested it would be at caseworkers discretion (to approve).

So, do I wait - til November 2017 or am I good to submit?

Anyone had similar situation with favourable outcome?

Any contributions welcome.

Thank you!

alterhase58
Germany

Re: PR 5 + 1.

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:52 am

Have you been told which date you actually acquired PR status? This may not necessarily be the date on the card. The applicant has to prove the PR date. If you don't have the date then an SAR could help (see other threads on here). Your assumption of 5+1 is correct of course but applications have been refused due to incorrect date stated.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

mce82
Newly Registered

Post by mce82 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:37 am

alterhase58 wrote:Have you been told which date you actually acquired PR status? This may not necessarily be the date on the card. The applicant has to prove the PR date. If you don't have the date then an SAR could help (see other threads on here). Your assumption of 5+1 is correct of course but applications have been refused due to incorrect date stated.
Hello!

Thank you for your response!

I heard the HO is now providing letters with dates for past two months - declaring dates to when one acquired PR status. Unfortunately, my letter from HO lacked this information. I did however submitted a cover letter stating I am providing evidence for period from 1/7/11 - 01/7/16. So theoretically this *should* be the date (or at least no latter than 1/7/11).

However, I did think of SAR myself. I don't have much experience with SAR so, here's my extended question:

Is application for fast track records only, sufficient to obtain details of date which one acquired PR status?

Tick options on the form are:

IT Records - I guess this is the one I would tick?
Entry Clearance
Landing Cards

Standart SAR form (the long, payable one)

If this one applies, I guess this information would be encapsulated within coverage of section A

Part A - Records Requested
Printouts from our computerised casework database

Other tick options:

Home Office files (including Port, NASS)
Work Permit
Visa Application Forms (out of country applications)

Or alternatively, I guess, I could complete section B and requested this specific information only.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:16 pm

I have never done or needed an SAR but perhaps this thread gives some pointers:
british-citizenship/fast-track-sar-for- ... ?hilit=SAR
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

mce82
Newly Registered

Post by mce82 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:22 pm

alterhase58 wrote:I have never done or needed an SAR but perhaps this thread gives some pointers:
british-citizenship/fast-track-sar-for- ... ?hilit=SAR
Thank you! That's very handy indeed! I can't see the option to search on this form... but admittedly, this might have something to do with my AD blocker. :roll:

Once again, thank you for providing this information!

2017london
Newly Registered

Post by 2017london » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:25 am

Same situation and this is what I done:
I wrote to UKVI and after 6 days I received the letter from them confirming the date I was given an Entitlement to Permanent Residence.
In my case it was given 4 months after I thought I would have acquired it. Not sure why. So if I applied based on my date I would have lost the FEE and I wanted to be sure and not risk it.

Hope this helps.

plat1n
Newly Registered

Post by plat1n » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:12 am

I have similar situation. I've already completed application for naturalisation, technically I've meet all criteria however I've done a mistake when applying for resident card. I've sent bank statements from last 5 years only just to get PR card which I need to attach to AN form and HO sent me card and also the letter in which they've stated that I acquired resident status in January 2017 so need wait 12 months before I can apply for naturalisation (they knew form the application that I'm resident longer that 5 years but did not ask about additional evidence, 5 year was just enough for them to sent me PR card).
I moved in the UK in mid 2010 and it's almost 7 years, last 6 years I was all time in employment so I can easily prove 5 + 1 years to meet naturalisation criteria.

I don't know what to do now, I want to send my application anyway with full evidence but risk of application being rejected because of date in letter attached with PR card stress me a lot. HO can't give me a clear advice, they says that I should wait until January 2018 otherwise I'm taking a risk. One person told me that I can sent a letter to HO with 2011 evidence and ask to backdate resident status date in HO letter, then other person says that they won't do this.

Is the evidence attached to naturalisation form more important or date on letter attached to PR card? As EU citizen I've got permanent residence status automatically after 5 years of living and working here, right? Any advice for me please?