ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Return of child's BRP card by NCS

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jagankumar
India

Return of child's BRP card by NCS

Post by jagankumar » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:17 pm

Hi All,
My daughter's BRP card has been returned by NCS. And we have received the citizenship and passport as well. This happened year back. Do we need to return the BRP card to home office for disposal.

Lately come across that BRP card must be returned back to homeoffice within 5 days of getting your citizenship certificate. Otherwise will end upto £1000 fine. Is this true for MN1 application as well.
After a year now, can I send my daughter's BRP card back to homeoffice? Reason am asking as we did not returned BRP card in first place (we are not been told to do so), since sending back to home office after a year or so, I do not want to end up with massive fine as sending it late. In that case I better to dispose myself.

Can any senior members advice me on this please?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Return of child's BRP card by NCS

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:19 pm

Only needs to be returned for applications made from January 2016.

british-citizenship/important-return-br ... 00820.html

As you applied in September 2015, there is no need to return it.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jagankumar
India

Post by jagankumar » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:21 pm

Thanks CR001 for the very quick response. Its big relief now.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:29 pm

You're welcome. Keep it as a momento (and cost) of the journey, that is what I have done :wink:
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.